SEXY-SEXY Pill Container Thingies for wear around the NECK or on KEY Chain.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
OK........so they are not that sexy, but they are handy. I think I have around six or seven thousand dollars invested in finding a Pill Container Thingie.

So we can talk about this subject if anyone has questions. They are also great for fire staring kits, but best not to mix with medications........especially Nitroglycerin Pills....:confused2:

My experience is bigger is not better. Figure out as close as possible what you need. And stop there. I guess bigger could be handy on a keychain. But not neck, especially when sleeping. Here is some ideas of availabity.
Amazon.com : keychain pill containers

Another thing to "Think About" in choosing a pill container, is how easy is it to open........???? Some of those have nearly nothing to grip on the top cap. Urgently needing medication or "fire starting" stuff, is not the time to discover you can't get it open "to save your life".

My brother just gave me one made fro one spent ammo casing inside another. He suggested that I use it to store some of Dad's ashes in. Sorry, I'm not going to walk around with cremains hanging around my neck but fire starter or pills might work.

Anything I wear around my neck when I am in an outdoors situation is a breakaway type (even my neck-knife). Be a shame to hang myself in an accident.

A necklace with a connecting clasp similar to this (but thicker and sturdier) may prevent that kind of untimely demise:

breakaway necklace clasp.png

Last edited:
I have several of these types of containers.
I use a smaller one for my meds and I have 2 large ones that I use for my hearing aids and molded earplugs.
I have crushed 2 hearing aids and the dog at another pair. The VA provides my hearing aids but they cost around $5000 a pair so I need to protect them.
I keep the one I use for my earplugs attached to my range bag and the one or my hearing aids I carry in my pocket just in case I have to remove them for some reason.
I use this type for my earplugs and hearing aids. They are big enough to hold them and with the 6 sided caps they are easy to open. Both ends unscrew.
pill container

My experience is bigger is not better. Figure out as close as possible what you need. And stop there. I guess bigger could be handy on a keychain. But not neck, especially when sleeping. Here is some ideas of availabity.
Amazon.com : keychain pill containers

Those are cool but not practical for us. I haven't found one that all the pills fit in.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back