shaving kit bag

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frodo

Walk with God, You will never be lost
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
right here right now maybe later over there
super soft calf skin
10'' x 5'' x 5''

002.JPG
003.JPG

When I get caught up on my nightmare life, we're definitely doing business!
can you make one with a 45 holster inside and a strap to hold a K-bar and 3 clips?

When I get caught up on my nightmare life, we're definitely doing business!
can you make one with a 45 holster inside and a strap to hold a K-bar and 3 clips?
hell yes. i can even hide the k-bar from view

here is a strap i was commissioned to make for a laptop, guy works in a hospital where he has to go through a metal detector but is forced to park in a sketchy area
so the strap holds a sharp blade that is picked up by the hand wand metal detector, as ''just the strap hardware''

that is a Japanese utility knife.
20191225_071318.jpg
20200130_155346.jpg

How did you get the brass to fold and stay put? I made something almost identical as a neck knife once using a band saw blade and a cotton twine/epoxy wrap as the sheath..

How did you get the brass to fold and stay put? I made something almost identical as a neck knife once using a band saw blade and a cotton twine/epoxy wrap as the sheath..
solder the brass together where it overlaps

It's looks nice, I like leather. I'm tempted but practical. My old shaving kit is still in great condition, despite being issued to me decades ago in boot camp. It's been with me on 4 continents, if the middle east counts as a continent. :)

I still use it. Even last month when I went plant hunting on Lookout mtn.

This stitching is looking a little rough in spots. Thought a few times about finding someone who can redo it. A good cobbler could make it look like new but I haven't seen one in these parts in 30 years.

Shaving Kit.JPG

Last edited:
Did you guys call the "F-A-G bags" too or was it just us knuckleheads?
F.A.G stood for something but forget what. Jez I'm getting old!

@Frodo, what kind of a sewing machine do you have?

I looked into buying a machine for sewing leather a few years ago, but there were a number of things that got in my way. I met a woman, briefly, who had a leather studio across the hall from a friend's art studio. She designed and made purses. I always wanted to see more of her work, but we only had that brief encounter. I tried to take classes at Tandy, but there was a conflict with their instructor being able to give the classes.

@Frodo, what kind of a sewing machine do you have?

I looked into buying a machine for sewing leather a few years ago, but there were a number of things that got in my way. I met a woman, briefly, who had a leather studio across the hall from a friend's art studio. She designed and made purses. I always wanted to see more of her work, but we only had that brief encounter. I tried to take classes at Tandy, but there was a conflict with their instructor being able to give the classes.

That is 100% hand stitched

I hand stitch as well, but I cheat. I cut the prongs off a heavy duty fork and sharpened them, I pound my holes in and then sew them with waxed or siliconed thread.

They actually make such a device? and here I was thinking I was a genius or something. LOL

Latest posts

Back