Shed recommendations for submersible pump & water well

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't quite get just how big of a thing you were looking to build. Either large or small, if you can lay some block, it's one of the more inexpensive ways to build something these days. Lumber is just stupid expensive. Trees coming out of the woods here don't bring a lot but lumber is like gold.

Insulation isn't that difficult either, especially if it's a really small building. Small enough and a light bulb really will keep it warm in there. Just gotta make sure that light bulb isn't burned out when you need it most.

Even with a larger building, though, it's amazing how warm some of 'em will stay. I keep the cats' food and water in my garage. Nothing fancy at all. It's an ol' pig pen with "home poured concrete floors", covered nicely with a garage door and a people door and a little cheap siding. No heat. We've had nights in the single digits here this winter and the water bowl never froze at all.

Good luck with your project!

I need to get the shed measurements again. I want to keep the shed the same width but extend it back a few feet more.

It doesn't need to stay super warm or cold so I'm thinking some Reflectix would work for the insulation.

I absolutely despise a well house! I have two on our place currently, they are always a pain. Every well that I have put in for others in the last few years I've bought a precast concrete pit for the pressure tank and the well controls. It has a liftoff galvanized lid. No maintenance no worries of critters or freezing and they are only $600. One of my wellhouses is in crappy condition and it will be replaced with a pit this summer.

I prefer having a covered insulated structure. We had a really nice wooden one for a long time but the tenants destroyed it (I believe they ran into it with our tractor-- which they weren't supposed to be using).

The wooden one dampened the sound from the double pulley wheel pump. This is what it sounds like (it's not shown in the video but you can hear it)

Latest posts

Back