Show a photo of Christmas/Yule/Holiday tree - decorations.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swing

Porch Lover
Staff member
Admin
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
It is Winter Solstice and 3 days before Christmas / Yule. Many here do the Christmas tree and decorations. I'd love to see you share photos of your trees or other seasonal decorations.

IMG_20201220_182035_199.jpg
-3vmltj.jpg

I have small dolls in rocking chairs at the base of my small tree. Then I have an 18 inch twig tree with a slightly larger doll checking it out.

Take down the tree?
Naaa, it becomes a Mardi Gras tree! :p
View attachment 56660
That’s awesome! There is one road near here that I used to have to travel every morning/evening. About half the houses had their trees up until after St Valentine’s Day. Guess they just weren’t that big on St Patty’s 🍀

Came home today and we have a tree up. 🤣🤣🤣

View attachment 74912
The Thanksgiving Turkey would like to file a complaint against unseasonal decorations. The Turkey can get STUFFED, nice Christmas tree :). Our cats preclude such a display of toys :(

You'll have to dust it by Christmas.
The first year we lived here, I couldn't believe how many people still had their three up at St. Patty's day.
I've known a couple people who never take them down. They redecorate for the next holiday or season. Both are teachers. I remember a year when my daughter was a pre-teen and it was winter break. I suggested we should get a tree and then decorate. Daughter suggested to me that putting up a Christmas tree was so much work and maybe we could not do that. I don't think I've put up a tree since. My rooms are small, so it is difficult to put up a tree. Where do you put the couch if there is no room for both a tree and a couch?

We have a manger scene (the real reason for Christmas) and a tiny little fiber optic tree we put our presents around. Christmas is not about trees or presents, but I do love seeing the trees and decorations. Outside is a string of lights along the fence, and a blow up manger scene.

They come out after Thanksgiving, and retire after Jan 1.

Last year's front gate decoration I made. Blue and Gold ornaments for WV(Go Mountaineers!) lol
Picture 050.jpg

Some decorations I made for family graves
Copy of Pictures 352.jpg

This year we are getting our first real tree for Christmas. Last year the cats KILLED our tree to the point it had to be thrown away. Not sure when we will get the real tree but I will be pushing for a BIG one.

Last Year's tree...
B181E6DB-EF74-4060-A45C-88BD9CBA8E1B_1_201_a.jpeg

This year we are getting our first real tree for Christmas. Last year the cats KILLED our tree to the point it had to be thrown away. Not sure when we will get the real tree but I will be pushing for a BIG one.

Last Year's tree...
View attachment 74952
We have a 10month old kitten (?, crazy hyper thing), and a 5 year old cat in the house. The "kitten" takes my throw rugs and drags them into other rooms. They take shoes! No Christmas tree this year😽!

We have a 10month old kitten (?, crazy hyper thing), and a 5 year old cat in the house. The "kitten" takes my throw rugs and drags them into other rooms. They take shoes! No Christmas tree this year😽!
My husband's SIL, (I don't claim her) tackled the Christmas tree one year, alcohol may have been involved😁! She's kinda a crazy bi......!

We have a manger scene (the real reason for Christmas) and a tiny little fiber optic tree we put our presents around. Christmas is not about trees or presents, but I do love seeing the trees and decorations. Outside is a string of lights along the fence, and a blow up manger scene.

They come out after Thanksgiving, and retire after Jan 1.
Like the new pix! Nice hat 😂

We gave up on glass ornaments and lights on the tree after splicing the wires together and cleaning broken glass for 3 years straight. It is only one of our 4 cats. You'd think it was the kitten but it is one of the 11 year olds! ALICE! The kitten (he is almost 3) thinks the tree is to be undecorated in the middle of the night but with shatterproof ornaments I have no issues redecorating daily.

We gave up on glass ornaments and lights on the tree after splicing the wires together and cleaning broken glass for 3 years straight. It is only one of our 4 cats. You'd think it was the kitten but it is one of the 11 year olds! ALICE! The kitten (he is almost 3) thinks the tree is to be undecorated in the middle of the night but with shatterproof ornaments I have no issues redecorating daily.
You need a spruce tree :devil:

Give us the story behind the picture!!
Just me and my 2 presents I got every year. We had the aluminum tree with the colored balls and the wheel that turned.
Hated getting those home perms though I can tell you that :rolleyes:

Last Year's tree...
View attachment 74952
If I put up the "big" tree, it gets zip tied to the table so the cats can't bring it to an early end :). Yes, there are permanent holes in the table next to my recliner for the zip ties.

If I put up the "big" tree, it gets zip tied to the table so the cats can't bring it to an early end :). Yes, there are permanent holes in the table next to my recliner for the zip ties.

We always put the tree in a corner to reduce the risk of it falling and breaking. But what happened last year was the cat ran head long into the tree and rammed it into the corner breaking the base and bending the center pole. Not to mention once she got it down she chewed every wire she could find for the lights. That cat has been electrocuted at least 8 times that I know of. You'd think she had used all her nine lives by now.

We always put the tree in a corner to reduce the risk of it falling and breaking. But what happened last year was the cat ran head long into the tree and rammed it into the corner breaking the base and bending the center pole. Not to mention once she got it down she chewed every wire she could find for the lights. That cat has been electrocuted at least 8 times that I know of. You'd think she had used all her nine lives by now.
Cats are amazing creatures, we'll leave it at that😺

Latest posts

Back