Shrink.....flation

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is not my pic, so I can't confirm, but it seems about right.
1686366924113.png

This is not my pic, so I can't confirm, but it seems about right.
View attachment 109819
Those bottles are Canadian. They have a DIN number on the right hand side. I looked at that because the styling of the label appeared to be different from each other. Thought they might be from different markets. So Canada gets to participate in the great product reduction too.

DW got a big jug of All Free & Clear laundry detergent.
You know how expensive that is.
I noticed that they had redesigned the jug to be more streamlined, and the measuring cup got bigger.
Well, that wasn't All they did (pun). :mad:
See if you can see the change in fluid ounces, and number of loads:

Before:
71YDDBTAxZL._AC_UL600_SR600,600__kindlephoto-1635175476.jpg

After:
Screenshot_20230713-004428_kindlephoto-1635948891.png

I don't usually buy chips, but during the summer we keep some in the camper. I got some Lays chips on a BOGO sale and I couldn't believe how small the bags were. I don't know what the weight was in a regular bag the last time I bought some, but it's clearly way less than it was before (at least a year ago). It looks the like 'family' size bags are now more like what the regular bags were.

Recently I went for chips, and picked up a regular sized bag of Doritos. $6.99, chain grocery store. I don’t shop much anymore, and that was serious sticker shock.
In a way, stupid prices like these have a benefit. I find myself getting much less stuff, think twice about what I buy, and try to utilize the basics. Those who don’t change their ways and habits must have some debt!

Latest posts

Back