Sim Cards,has A Expiration Date

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimLE

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I have a tracfone/safelink phone. Things went wrong when it comes to string it right with my number. Ended up with a new sim. Went right with it. But the idiots filled to let me know that it came with a expiration date..now I'm without a phone for next 7 to 10 days. At least I have the local library Wi-Fi..

I've never heard of anything like that. It must be something specific to Tracfone.

If others have them and don't know about that they are not going to be happy with the company when they suddenly find their phone in-op when they need them the most.

Me neither. I would call Tracfone and tell them what's going on. My guess is that it's not expired but essentially no longer activated. My sister used a pay cell for a few years and hers would deactivate from time to time. A phone call always got her back up and running.

I'm beginning to think that everything electronic around us now has a countdown clock installed.
It's starts beginning to die or poop out the second you turn it on.

Slightly off topic. Wife will be getting a new phone Thursday. Her phone is in perfect working order but cannot keep up with the updates to the operating system and programs. Her phone has a dual core processor and the new phone will have an octicore processor. Software is killing the hardware before it breaks or wears out. I had to replace my old laptop for teh same reason, hardware could not keep up with the software.

@jimLE I used to sell mobile phones and the sims don't expire to my knowledge. Sims do however have a capacity for 400 messages and will stop working so you cannot send texts and it will effect other functions on your phone too. Go into your sent and inbox messages and start deleting all but the important ones and then try your phone again and see if it works, it should do the trick.

Let me know if it works :D .

Last edited:
@jimLE I used to sell mobile phones and the sims don't expire to my knowledge. Sims do however have a capacity for 400 messages and will stop working so you cannot send texts and it will effect other functions on your phone too. Go into your sent and inbox messages and start deleting all but the important ones and then try your phone again and see if it works, it should do the trick.

Good to know. I keep texts and emails deleted anyway, but I didn't know that.

Slightly off topic. Wife will be getting a new phone Thursday. Her phone is in perfect working order but cannot keep up with the updates to the operating system ...

Mine is 3 generations behind, not compatible with the latest OS upgraded and thereby doesn't have the latest features either. BUT it does work and I'm not going to $pend just so Siri can lie by telling me Obama is the greatest President...

I already keep text to a minimum. But like it's been said. That info is good to know.. Besides the sim already went ka-put.. I just gave them a call to find out why I hadn't received the new one yet. It appears that it never got sent..

I already keep text to a minimum. But like it's been said. That info is good to know.. Besides the sim already went ka-put.. I just gave them a call to find out why I hadn't received the new one yet. It appears that it never got sent..

I have noticed that my phone has slowed in some aspects. I just cleaned up a little. Now I will have to see how well it will work.

I'm beginning to think that everything electronic around us now has a countdown clock installed. It's starts beginning to die or poop out the second you turn it on.

That's true for sure with Apple products (and probably all the rest). Apple has been caught a few times intentionally slowing down their older devices via updates to encourage users to upgrade.

@jimLE yes sims do stop working too after a while, sometimes wiping them with a lint free cloth will work but other times they are just kaput too. Usually the mobile phone companies can copy the information off the old sim to the new one such as your contacts list etc if you have a store you can take it to. Not good service from the company to fail to send you a new sim I might add I would be pretty peeved personally.

Most welcome everyone on the information on the sim storage capacity it is something that most people are not aware of.

Latest posts

Back