Since it's Halloween: THE SPOOKY STORY THREAD!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
My life is one LONG spooky story, when the strange isn't looking for me, I'm looking for it. I can't go anywhere isolated without SOMETHING not normal happening to me.

I'll start with a tame one:
For as long as I could remember as a kid, if I slept with the door open, I would see a kid who oddly looked like a ghostly version of me peeping around the corner. after a minute a dog would join him and it would be like they walked into the distance.
After I got on U-tube I noticed that 90% of the whatever they are like to peep around the corners at you. I suspect whatever I was seeing was real!

My life is one LONG spooky story, when the strange isn't looking for me, I'm looking for it. I can't go anywhere isolated without SOMETHING not normal happening to me.

I'll start with a tame one:
For as long as I could remember as a kid, if I slept with the door open, I would see a kid who oddly looked like a ghostly version of me peeping around the corner. after a minute a dog would join him and it would be like they walked into the distance.
After I got on U-tube I noticed that 90% of the whatever they are like to peep around the corners at you. I suspect whatever I was seeing was real!
You should have grown up in an antebellum house inhabited by 8 ghosts.
... like I did :oops:. You would know them all by name.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alfred_Hatch_Place_at_Arcola
680px-Hatch_Plantation_at_Arcola_004.JPG

You want to know where the 'secret passages' are?
We found them all.:thumbs:
Just don't mess with 'mamaw Hatch' or 'the soldier guy'.
They aren't nice people ghosts.:rolleyes:
Many stories to tell.

The last place I worked was a bit spooky. It was a former canal storehouse, now a heritage centre with a museum downstairs at basement level and a coffee shop upstairs at ground level.
There is a old lift that is quite noisy, even when the place is busy, only goes up and down the two levels. Anyway, I worked late on Thursday nights when there was a meeting booked, because the caretaker wouldn't do it. Said the bloody life was freaking him out. He wasn't joking. All would be quiet when suddenly the lift, which automatically returned to the museum floor, would rise, and the door would open. No one there. I worked at the reception; eventually, I stopped looking up. Half of me was afraid one day I would see someone! 😂 😂 This would happen a few times, always at night, and always when I was alone. Never during the day, and god knows I practically lived in the place, so I would know if it did. Another time I was walking across to the museum moniters to switch them on, when in the reflection of the large tv screen opposite, something strolled across my path behind me. I stopped and turned; no-one. There was no one in the courtyard out the window either, nothing that could have been a reflection. I retraced my steps and threw all kinds of shapes trying to figure out what it was. Never did.

More spooks. if you read all my posts, you'll figure out I wasn't joking about being a magnet for the paranormal.

Bit of history:
Until about a decade before I was born, the place I lived was named "Hell in the woods!'' Then changed to Hellenwood .No, not a typo! It started back in the civil war when we had a clan of moonshiners that laid claim to an area next to the devil's jump falls (cute name huh?) called No Business. as in "You ain't got NO BUSINESS going down there! People that did had a nasty habit of never being heard from again! Then there's the blue hole, AKA the turnhole, AKA the drowning pool. its a beautiful, serene place to camp, just don't go in the water, Not only is it said to be bottomless, at times it starts to swirl like a whirlpool and anything in it is sucked out of sight into oblivion! they say if it happens at night you can hear the screams of every soul it sucked down into its bottomless gullet! Moving up the creek, we have "William's creek" With not one, but THREE demonic boogeymen to make sure you don't want to be there by yourself in the dark! One is your not so average "Bigfoot" this one can disappear and the re appear NEARER to you! it has the obligatory glowing red eyes, and charmingly enough, if you shoot it, it turns into bubbles and blows away!
THEN, there is the snow ape/Hairy man/the stomper. this is another Bigfoot type thing, but its not quiet! It stomps around like a dinosaur in heat and will walk right up on you, bellow like a bull, and run away. it's snow white with big red eyes. they say it's not covered in fur, but more like an extra hairy man. Legend was, somebody had an albino child that was either left out there to die or just wandered off and went feral. (Wrong turn anyone?) And lastly, the "HAINT" Its just a pair of glowing red eyes that follow you around if you leave camp in the dark to get wood or tale a whiz. Its noisy and likes to pull pranks like wrecking your camp without making a sound or jerking the door off your Jeep if you drive through a certain cow field at night, charmingly, it's invisible!
Ah, now we come to the real reason of the namesake. a WW1 vet came back from Europe and had seen all the wonders of of the big cities and was particularly enamored with gargoyles! So he went up into a dug out mine on his property and made this hideous looking monstrosity out of brick clay, wrapped it up in chains and goat skins and charged people a nickel to go look at it or a dime for a picture with it. there are several stories as to what happened to it after he died, ALL point to it being cursed! The tamest story is he sold it to a carnival and the train they were moving it on crashed and it was destroyed, the second being it was crushed in a cave in, and the third being after its creator died, the damn thing got up and walked out of there and flew away! Then there's the black devil cats which are likely just black panthers that escaped a circus back in the 1800s and are still breeding up in the hills. they like to leave tracks all over the place and put in appearances at church picnics,on rare occasion somebody gets a pic of one, but of course there are no panthers in TN. Pumas either so say the science guys. Ah, and lastly for that area, the screaming woman. She shows up just as it gets dark, you'll hear a woman screaming, you go out and there will be a woman with her back turned to you, screaming like you never imagined anyone could scream! and when you speak, she whips around, AND SHE HAS NO FACE! Just a mouth, full of razor sharp teeth! then she vanishes! That's just the north end of the county. more to come!

I seriously had a nightmare last night and it was spooky.

The hooded death guy with the scythe kept screaming all kinds of nasty stuff about what was going to happen to me. Then Skelator's head whispered in my ear...

"If you just make us a pan of brownies, this will all go away."

Then I woke up.

The phantom brakeman of New River junction.
Every state has a version of this story, ours still has his head.
A steam engine broke down on the side of a hill and the brakeman jumped out with a lantern to warn off any other trains that might be coming. for whatever reason, he stepped between the cars to do something and the brakes slipped and he got crushed. ever so often in the early spring, a raccoon hunter will see him walking the tracks with his oil lantern, wearing the old uniform covered in blood! and if you speak to him, he raises his lantern like he's going to talk back and just fades out. they say other than the blood and old clothes he looks normal.

I grew up in a house that was haunted by more than one spirit. It was a large house, we were a large family and several family members have experienced ghostly encounters. There was one room in particular that had the most activity. It was a small sewing room that we would put the baby crib in (3 babies occupied that room during our occupancy). All three had the same 'nightmare'. They each called it a different name, but described the same being. The first sibling to sleep in that room called it the windblower. It had red eyes and she would feel a breeze during its presence.

My mom would take us kids to the camp during the summer , leaving my dad home alone during the week while he worked. He would sometimes come home from work and find the little record player in that room on when no one was supposed to be home.

One of my older brothers had a spirit pin him to the floor when he was a teen and he was so frightened, when he tried to scream, nothing came out.

I'm not sure if its current owners experienced anything like we did, or if they hear the creak of the steps that lead to the maid quarters like we used to, but I'm almost tempted to visit and ask. It was a beautiful house, but spooky!

There is an old mansion not far from us that is haunted. It was owned by a wealthy family a hundred + years ago, and there was at least one suicide. Now it is a restaurant and banquet center, and the owners were friends of friends of ours.

We were there one night speaking to them, and they confirmed some of the stories. They were in the gift shop one night, and a floor fan started running by itself. Nobody turned it on. The really sppoky part? It was an electric fan, and it wasn't plugged in. :eek:

My brother's first house was haunted. He and his wife both saw apparitions, and his son who was pretty little at the time saw a "bad man" several times.

My true tale is maybe boring in comparison? But nonetheless befuddling:

My place was the original homestead in this region. Built in 1910. I'm the first outside of that original family to live here. I bought the place run down and in disrepair. A lot of sweat equity potential?

One of the first improvements was adding a shower kit to the tub in the main bathroom. Dad volunteered to lend a hand. We were both confused by the myriad of plumbing in the pump house. But eventually convinced that we found the valve to the house. Wrong.

Long story short, we dismantled and began new parts installations, but came across that missing something. Always a missing something that you gotta make a sixty mile round trip for? So we went to town, dallied, had lunch, returned and completed the installation. Just tightened the last fitting and the water came on. Full blast.

Dad was standing right behind me, but I still had to ask:" did you turn the water on? ". I already knew the answer. Still to this day cannot come up with a plausible explanation...

A year or so after high school five of my friends found themselves working on the same crew of the Alaska Marine Highway, the Taku. After their shift they were sitting on the fantail at the car deck level. It is an awesome place, you are just a couple feet above the water, with no railing, and turmoil from the props pushing the ship through the water. They were drinking, swapping lies, and generally having a good time on their way southbound out of Ketchikan on their way to Prince Rupert. The had just finished one bottle when someone had the bright idea to put a note in the bottle. The came up with paper and pen and wrote "M/V Taku send help." Then they dated it, signed it, and tossed it overboard. The next morning the Taku ran aground at Kinihan Is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MV_Taku
Another time, on the way to Seattle, the passengers and crew of the Taku saw the ghost ship Flying Dutchman. The Flying Dutchman is a well known ghost ship and has been seen on oceans all around the world. I worked the Taku but I was not there for either incident, thankfully.

Today's spookyness comes from my childhood. I mentioned the ghost who looked like me, but there was something else up on that hill with us, I dreaded going out after dark even with dad's floodlight AND 22 magnum revolver. if I was outside at dusk, I could feel "IT" watching me, and my gut told me it did NOT want to be friends! (Cute history fact, there were no less than 5 graveyards within less than a mile of the property and at least 4 graves ON the property.) So from time to time we'd see or feel things. One night I was woke up by... SOMETHING and I felt something was godawful wrong and I was drawn to get up and go across the hall where my mother and sister slept. we relied on wood heat so everybody slept with the doors open in winter, I got up and went in there and looked over my mother and sister, they were fine. but as I turned to go, I saw something ELSE watching them sleep! Just outside the window was a huge face with two glowing red eyes just staring in at me! Now here's the freaker, My reaction was something like:
"Huh. wonder what that is?" And I went back to bed and slept like a baby. the next day I was getting ready to walk to school after I fed the hens and it dawned on me as I collected my book bag. Mom's window is seven feet off the ground! what in hell was I looking at?!

I grew up in a house that was haunted by more than one spirit. It was a large house, we were a large family and several family members have experienced ghostly encounters. There was one room in particular that had the most activity. It was a small sewing room that we would put the baby crib in (3 babies occupied that room during our occupancy). All three had the same 'nightmare'. They each called it a different name, but described the same being. The first sibling to sleep in that room called it the windblower. It had red eyes and she would feel a breeze during its presence.

One of my older brothers had a spirit pin him to the floor when he was a teen and he was so frightened, when he tried to scream, nothing came out.
That is probably the best description of when we are vulnerable.
We called it 'quasi-conscious', that part between being awake and asleep.
Research parapsychology, sleep-walking, and hypnosis.
That's when they get to us.
Science tests revealed that when we are awake, 20% of our brain is active and when we are asleep and dreaming, 80% of our brain is active.
As someone who almost died from sleepwalking, I can tell that it is very real.
Watch this:
, I got up and went in there and looked over my mother and sister, they were fine. but as I turned to go, I saw something ELSE watching them sleep! Just outside the window was a huge face with two glowing red eyes just staring in at me! Now here's the freaker, My reaction was something like:
"Huh. wonder what that is?" And I went back to bed and slept like a baby.
Were we awake during those episodes? No. Did we remember them? Yes.
Ever wonder why psychics had to go into a 'trance'? It's all the same.

There are "presences" in our house. We call them George and Ida. They've been quiet for the past while, but when we first moved in, they were a little ornery. We would be sitting in the living room and one of the bedroom doors would open by itself. We heard many times George driving his tractor - could not place where it was coming from. It was pretty funny when Hubby asked me if I ever heard anything or sensed anyone - Yep. He was so relived it wasn't just him. Ida didn't like that I hung curtains in the upstairs window so would pull them down. Finally one day, I said aloud, "Fine you don't like them hanging straight, I'll hang them crooked." And I put the rod up so the curtains were crooked, lower on one end by about 4-5". They stayed there for a few months and were not pulled down. Finally one day I said, "So do you mind if I put the curtain straight?" as I put it strait again. It has remained since then. We tell Geo. he shouldn't work so hard if he's on the tractor before sunup. I apologize to Ida when I have a mess in the kitchen. I think they actually approve of us and are cool with us now. At first, they probably thought we were just another renter here to abuse their home.

Ha! George, good name! I posted this in our old scary story thread. Another George...

Mare Island Naval Hospital. By 1930 it was a 2000 bed facility. It was the amputee center during ww2 for those who fought in the pacific. If a service member needed a prosthetic this is where they were sent. As such there were an unusually large number of suicides at this hospital, far more than a regular hospital. I heard the stories even before I got stationed there.

At naval commands people are always on “watch” 24/7, 365 days a year, sometimes stationary but most are roving patrols. "Watches" were usually 4hrs long.

Several times I stood the midnight to 4am watch in the old hospital building at Mare Island, now a school command. This particular watch was referred to as the “George Watch”. In honor of the ghost or ghosts named “George” who haunted the buildings, men who died there during the war.

It was the most dreaded watch on the entire command. A friend might ask “got duty today?”… “Yep”… “Which watch?”… “George Watch”… “Sorry to hear it”. Just seeing your name on a watch list assigned to that building at night would instill fear.

It was a spooky building in broad daylight. I actually had class there every day. But in the middle of the night my skin would crawl. A watch stander had a flashlight… that was it, a fire watch. Alone I had to wander the halls, sign in at certain locations and times. Oh, I had an ink pen. If a ghost spoke I could have taken notes. 😁

Most of the lights were off. It was surrounded by old trees. It was very windy so close to the ocean, always blowing or moaning, shadows played in the hallways and rooms from the trees. Full of noise, doors and windows would rattle, blow open or closed. 70 years old and wood, always creaking… The basements were stuffy and hot. The heat was steam so the pipes were always rattling.

Twice while I was stationed there sailors were overcome by their fear and ran out of the building screaming in the middle of the night. Without doubt it was the creepiest, spookiest… (pick an adjective) building I have ever been in.

Did I leave out the part where a couple rooms still had old prosthetics hanging in them...arms and legs stacked on shelves. That was the rumor anyway… I never saw any.
biggrin.gif

Last edited:
There are "presences" in our house. We call them George and Ida. They've been quiet for the past while, but when we first moved in, they were a little ornery. We would be sitting in the living room and one of the bedroom doors would open by itself... Hubby asked me if I ever heard anything or sensed anyone - Yep. He was so relived it wasn't just him. Ida didn't like that I hung curtains in the upstairs window so would pull them down. Finally one day, I said aloud, "Fine you don't like them hanging straight, I'll hang them crooked." And I put the rod up so the curtains were crooked, lower on one end by about 4-5". They stayed there for a few months and were not pulled down... At first, they probably thought we were just another renter here to abuse their home.
Old folklore says that the first 'madam' of the house stays with it forever.
They do not like you changing some things in 'their house' and will let you know.

That is probably the best description of when we are vulnerable.
We called it 'quasi-conscious', that part between being awake and asleep.
Research parapsychology, sleep-walking, and hypnosis.
That's when they get to us.
Science tests revealed that when we are awake, 20% of our brain is active and when we are asleep and dreaming, 80% of our brain is active.
As someone who almost died from sleepwalking, I can tell that it is very real.
Watch this:

Were we awake during those episodes? No. Did we remember them? Yes.
Ever wonder why psychics had to go into a 'trance'? It's all the same.
This explains much. my son and I share a mental condition that keeps us on a borderline trance state unless we focus, so seeing and hearing things must be natural to us. Hell, I thought everybody heard voices until I was a teenager.

Now to bring you up to speed with something NOT supernatural, but damn sure not normal either! I was 10-12 years old, the only thing I knew about UFOs or aliens was Star wars and Star trek, OH, and for the record, I hated cats at this time in my life!
Anyway, my dad had this big stack of well casings in the back yard and a small overflow tank for a cattle water trough. It was January and there was maybe 6" of snow on the ground. a big, fat rabbit had held up in one of the pipes and I was trying to poke him out with a fishing cane so I could get a shot at him, when suddenly, out of the corner of my eye I saw someone walking down the fence row, I thought it might be my uncle or older cousins coming from a hunting trip, so I raised up to ask if they might lend a hand, but it wasn't any relative I knew of! What I saw looked like someone in an all black skin diving suit with a featureless, black mask! they walked maybe another five feet and pointed their hand at me, I heard something like a transformer hum in my head and the next thing I remember, I was sitting on the well casings with a hell of a nose bleed! I looked around and saw I had made a snow angel and dripped blood from where it was to where I sat.(I don't remember making it and its not something I'd do anyway.) there were no other tracks in the snow, mine, the rabbit or anything else and I had apparently sat there for some time, as it was getting dark! It had been just after noon when I ran the rabbit up in the pipe. I blew a bloody chunk of something out of my nose and went indoors. I never told anyone about it because I'd get beat for making up stories.

I took a course in Ventura (California) College called Ghosts And Haunting. I'm sure it's not 100% accurate but in the course 40 years ago the professor/teacher said that ghosts are a residual energy from someone who died there and it was usually a tragic death. The spirit is not there, just the residual energy, so you can't have a conversation with 'it' and 'it' can't harm you. I've done some ghost hunting there in Ventura, California and the surrounding area, as well as Omaha, NE, Council Bluffs, Iowa and other places but never saw anything. There are ways to chase off ghosts. A lady I know chased off a ghost in a house in Omaha....the owner said she has never felt the ghost was still there since.

Not everything invisible is a ghost, the astral plane has flora and fauna like any good ecosystem. most of it is smarter than us.
This one is really strange. anyone know who this is? I didn't until about 1980 when we got cable. our antenna was a piece of crap when it was new!
Anyway, I was on the back porch fiddling with a slingshot I was making when I heard a commotion and looked up, and something almost identical to this guy flew over my head. OH, and he was 10' tall at least! I blinked and it was dark. (You'll find, I'm missing time A LOT!)

Attachments

• Space ghost.jpg
    Space ghost.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 0
When I was young, single digits, I fell on my back laying on my bed totally relaxed. I was staring at the ceiling. It appeared to get closer and closer. The ceiling got uncomfortably close so I rolled over. There I was laying on the bed, a few feet below. I've had other out of body experiences, that was just the first.

Old folklore says that the first 'madam' of the house stays with it forever.
They do not like you changing some things in 'their house' and will let you know.
We have mostly antique furniture and do things a lot more old fashioned as far as methods. They never really bother(ed) us other than things like doors and curtains. Now we say things like "Wonder what Ida would think of that?" It's like we asked their permission so now it's all good.

Always good to give respect! :)
I had a Pentecostal friend who would walk into a place and literally start casting demons out of every corner and doorknob. He picked too many fights, his luck was worse than mine. Hope he learned better.

I took a course in Ventura (California) College called Ghosts And Haunting. I'm sure it's not 100% accurate but in the course 40 years ago the professor/teacher said that ghosts are a residual energy from someone who died there and it was usually a tragic death. The spirit is not there, just the residual energy, so you can't have a conversation with 'it' and 'it' can't harm you. I've done some ghost hunting there in Ventura, California and the surrounding area, as well as Omaha, NE, Council Bluffs, Iowa and other places but never saw anything. There are ways to chase off ghosts. A lady I know chased off a ghost in a house in Omaha....the owner said she has never felt the ghost was still there since.

By the way, if you're interested, look up "Richard Setate, Ghost Hunter" on Facebook. He's the teacher who taught the class on ghosts and hauntings.

I stayed in an old hotel in Oregon.
Around 2 AM I woke up and every light in the room was on. The door was still locked and the chain was still latched.
All of the light switches were in the on position even the lights by the bed that had switches you had to turn.
The next morning I asked the other guy that stayed there if anything happened and he said yea all the lights were on.
One of the local folks said everyone in town knows the place is haunted.
I never stayed there again.

One of the last few "spook-ish" things to happen to me before I evacuated TN was in my high school year. My dad had a whole case of peach brandy half pints in the deep freeze, and after a crappy day of being used for a punching bag by the cool kids, I helped myself to a bottle and headed to the woods to a spot I'd just discovered. Little did I know, my "spot" was a sharecropper grave yard! It was just up and over the hill from what we called "beetle rock" because it looked like a Volkswagen had pulled up into the woods and turned to stone. the teenagers of the family's favorite place to sneak off, have a joint or hunt whatever was going to be on the menu the next day. I think I might have heard My uncle or one of my cousins down there, and I didn't want to share my booze or get busted so I went on up to the place with the rocks lined up in a row. No idea why it never dawned on me they might be graves, but I wasn't thinking right that day either. I went on up into the clearing and up to the biggest one which was of perfect size to sit on. this rock was an uncut boulder on which someone in years past had carved the name "Crowley 18 something." Yeah, I know right?! and there were more in a line next to it, no names, no dates. there was a pile of field stones as well off in the woods so I thought it was some kind of boundary marker for the property lines. I sat down, lit up a smoke and proceeded to sip my troubles away. I'd been there half an hour, and was feeling OK, when from behind me off in the woods I heard plain as day:
"GET YOUR ASS OFF THAT STONE!"
I Jumped up and looked around, I thought sure I was busted! But nobody was there. Not my dad, my uncle nor cousins, NOBODY! I suddenly felt the urgent need to be someplace else and cut a trail down to the pond to finish my brandy. Well a few weeks went by and I happened to ask granny about the row of stones up in the woods. It seems, before she was born, there was a farm up there. a sharecropper family got burned up in a fire one night and got buried pretty much where they were found. she said nobody from her time would go up there on account of "Haints!" Nothing but weeds ever grew there and animals avoided the place like the plague!
Right on all accounts! I never went back. ()_(*)

EDIT:
We sold the property after dad died. there's a Mc Mansion up there now. I wonder how well they sleep at night?

Now we're out of the haunted house and headed to area 51! its about this time the wild ride my life is started getting street cred in the form of witnesses!

So there I was,sitting on beetle-rock with my old 303 MK3 British, waiting on a buck to hit the pond for a drink.
(Beetle rock was a boulder outcrop the size and shape of an old
Volkswagen beetle and a premium hunting spot for everything!)
I noticed movement coming toward me in the ivory bushes and
sighted in, and prepared to thumb the safety on my shell-splitting
hunk of junk. “Not in the head kid, I want your rack on my wall!” I
thought as I slowly breathed in. I caught sight of something a kind of
teal blue. “DAMN IT that’s no deer!” I thought as I lowered my rifle.
“That's cousin Rodger Or Kirk, sneaking up here to smoke some weed
or drink a few brews away from Uncle Donald! Christ, I almost wasted
him!” I thought. “Hey dummy, you do know it’s deer season right?
where’s your red vest? I almost plugged you bro!” I called out. Just
then, a head stuck up out of the ivory shrubs, it was NOT what I
expected to see! Something like maybe a puma or mountain lion, but
with an actually nice head of hair, she stood up to reveal she was
wearing blue coveralls and some kind of belt and bandoleer made of
black plastic. She held up a short, shiny rod and suddenly I had to
sleep, I was so tired I could not move or even think! Some time later, I
woke up wondering how I had dozed off and what a freaky dream I
just had!

We'll come back to what actually happened if WW3 don't get here first. this would be one of the last bit of strangeness to happen to me as a resident of TN.

A couple of odd ones from when I was a kid, I'm going to have to ad-lib them just a bit because I was pretty young.
I might have been ten, probably younger. I vividly recall having a conversation with a huge, black snake in an apple tree about the nature of god and the human place in the universe.

I found my grandma's witchcraft books hid under a floorboard in an old chicken coop. I couldn't read German or her left handed chicken scratchings but I made sense of them after all. like someone was whispering the translation of what I was seeing into my ear. There was also a picture of granny in her 20's, who took it I got no clue, but she was sitting on a broomstick naked while an old lady in a robe held mistletoe over her head. Fun factoid:
Grandpa was a German scientist who helped us build the atomic bomb at oak ridge, granny was a gopher. her job involved "carbons and dry ice" I never met him, I heard he died drunk soon after dad was born. I suspect he was in the Thule society due to some of the symbols.
On the day I decided to actually try some of what I was reading, Granny came in on me, the books went away, never to be seen again, and I got dragged into church to be talked to by an actually nice Baptist preacher about playing with the devil's toys. I asked too many questions he couldn't answer or wouldn't. and I didn't make it long as a baptist. I did get baptized however, in a muddy, freezing cold river. there were oddball things even at that! the poor preacher was nasty when we got done, I was just wet. I wish I had the Polaroid mom snapped. it showed a bright, white fireball just over our heads on a cloudy, muggy day.

I was born at the crack of dawn on December 21st. On my left foot is a crescent moon birthmark facing downward. by age eight I was a certified genius, reading and comprehending at a third year college level.

One time, I might have been ten+, Dad was away on a fishing trip on the TN river and I took advantage of the fact to watch SNL and the midnight movie, I think it was "the blob". Anyway, mom came in and turned the lights out on me and told me to go to bed. I got up and saw there were flashing lights on the curtain, I thought maybe a police car had pulled someone down by the road, so I looked out. No cop car. so I looked up.
there were these balls of light swishing around over head like they were dancing or chasing each other. I said "Come look at this Mom!" She walked over and took one look and turned white as a sheet! she then slammed the curtains shut and gave me a look like I can't describe and just said:
"Go to bed right now!" So I did. But years later, I still wonder what she knew about those lights and why she acted the way she did.

Bah, one more, its short.
The week my mother died, my sister and I were sitting in dad's 15' boat discussing our future, dad was still with mom in the hospital, they hadn't unplugged her yet. Anyway, we saw this plane. a regular, FAA light lit up plane, then we saw the fireball. a meteor was headed right at the plane! I said:
"Holy crap! that meteor is going to hit that plane!" My sister saw it too and we both cringed as they almost merged, then...
the "Meteor" did a 360 AROUND THE PLANE and kept right on going the way it was headed!
I find the fact we should see such a thing the night we did "unusual". But like I say, want to see something explainable? hang out with me.

I was at my grandparents home on a hillside overlooking Orange County, CA. The three of us were standing i the living room looking out when suddenly a big ball of light started to grow in the sky. It just hung there for a minute or two and then slowly diminished to nothing. There was no debris nor any smoke as if a plane had blown up. There was no sound or vibration as from an explosion. I saw no news reports on it.

My grandparents first interpretation was that it was the Second Coming. It quickly came apparent that was not the case. I've not heard and explanation that fits what I saw.

Latest posts

Back