Since it's Halloween: THE SPOOKY STORY THREAD!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spooky stuff, Supe, but I've got a scarier tale: GOATHEADS!!! :oops:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! 🤣

I'll take Civil War ghosts over friggin' goatheads any day of the week, 10-4??? 😉

But I still luv ya, just not in the Epic Darwin Failure sense, lol, and I'll be sure to send ya a big ol' box o' holiday goatheads just as soon as ya PM me your mailing address!!! 😎
Make sure you pick those goatheads up and burn them or something so that they don't make grow and make more goatheads!

After my mother died, my dad continued on with his life of drinking and wrecking car after car. He would try to quit drinking periodically, but he was miserable. He was living with his narcissistic and controlling mother and his two daughters. What else was there in his life in a small town?

Ten years after mom's death, he had tried to quit drinking, again. He would have seizures and see things that no one else could see. He became what is known as a fall down drunk. He would go out drinking, come home, fall down, urinate on himself, and then somehow find his bed. This falling down drunk was mostly in the last year of his life, but it always occurred outside of my bedroom door. He was going through a time of no drinking, when he would have seizures. One night he was out driving, and either had a seizure, or tried to take his own life. I believe he had tried to do that a few times when he had car accidents. He hit a bridge and was in the hospital for about a week before he died.

After he died, one night I heard the same noise outside of my bedroom door that I had heard when he would fall down and urinate. In the morning, Grandma asked me what I was doing upstairs last night. "Sleeping." "But what was that noise?" I don't think I responded.

That day we had the first locks that we had ever had put on the doors and we started locking the doors at night especially. We never heard dad fall down and urinate in the middle of the night again.

please, please, tell us some stories! Have you ever been on Jim Harold's Campfire? Lots of others would be fascinated by your memories
Did you read the 2 above?
All of us got to dance with "Mamaw Hatch" at one time or another. 😁
But what she did to my dad, the "NASA rocket-scientist" was the most awesome....

Last edited:
I find it odd nobody has asked what a naked cat-woman was doing in my room.
They required genetic samples, but they are highly "religious?" is a bad word. taboos maybe? and "self service" is a BIG no-no as well as anything other than below the waist. So she turned into a Loni Anderson look alike and gave me a cloth lined condom. ()_()
Then she decided to go visit AMC in the next room since they believed I was a slightly different breed of human and would have problems procreating and got her another sample from him after she un-zapped him.
On their visit to me on the creek, they told me I had 500 kids acclimated to their vibrational plane and atmosphere, they never mentioned AMC other than she was purring and swishing her tail. Fond memories or?...
S'Kaat (18).png

Last edited:
Ok, I'll give you one! Hubby is afraid of snakes🙄. So if I find non poisonous snakes I'll pick them up and show them to him! Also have rubber snakes I'll leave where he can find them, like just inside of his shop door!!😃 I really thought he'd be desensitized by now!🤔😉

I rigged up a rat trap inside a box to throw a rubber rat in your face if you opened it.
My mother found it. :(

My excuse?
But Mom, it says right on the box "Private stuff, do not open!" She threw it at me and left. I'd been raising hell about my sister stealing my art pens.

Right then, back to the "spirit realms" the kitties will be back.

Anyone know what the "Necronomicon" is? It's a grimorie on black magic that might or might not really exist. it has been mentioned by several authors including HP Lovecraft, and although it is claimed he made it up, copies written in the 1600s have turned up. if real, it should only be used by those with a background in magic! BUT a copy fell into my lap at the local library's book sale for a buck and I was immediately hooked by the historic value and the stories relating lost cities and other realms of existence, and even though I had "tinkered" with a few things in granny's old books, I really had no intent to actually TRY any of that stuff, but then this sweet little witch wandered into my life, but she was fiddling with a married man and I wanted her for myself, and there was this really simple ritual....Damn hormones are always wrecking things. Anyway, I got the piece of fruit I was going to chant over and all the this and that set up for the ritual, and I was siting there memorizing how to pronounce the phrases, (May have been whispering as I read, may not!) but anyway, I was focused on my task, I hadn't even got the circle or seals drawn yet or any candles lit, when the lights went out and I was sitting there looking at this "THING" It was seven feet tall with a bull's head and big insect eyes, and wearing a black robe. It stared at me a moment and cocked its head looking at me, almost like it didn't know what to do next, but I sure as hell did and I didn't stop running until I fell flat on my face! I didn't go home for several hours, but when I did, as soon as I cracked the door, an oddly purring voice said:
"Welcome home Boy!"
Ever see "Phantasm?" JUST like that! But the voice didn't belong to whatever it was that showed up, It belonged to someone I would come to know as a dear and trusted friend in years to come, but at the moment it was a disembodied voice, and it scared seven shades of crap out of me and that Sunday I was in church for the first time in a decade!

When I start talking about the crazy stuff that went on in those years, you'll probably think I'm hating on Jesus or Christianity, I'm not. however seeing some of the crap that got pulled over on genuine believers was one of the things that made me walk out a decade later and return to my roots.

All of us got to dance with "Mamaw Hatch" at one time or another. 😁
But what she did to my dad, the "NASA rocket-scientist" was the most awesome....
Remember what I said about 'bad ghosts' were people that were betrayed?
A little history about "The Hatch House" I grew up in:
The family, which eventually included three sons and three daughters, moved to Alabama in 1840. Alfred Hatch established several large plantations, including Elm Ridge near Greensboro, and enslaved a total of 200 people to work them. He purchased Arcola in the early 1850s from his brother Lemuel D. Hatch during a period of financial difficulty.

Elizabeth Hatch died before the end of the Civil War and Alfred remarried to Victoria Jones Walker. They had one daughter together in 1873. Alfred Hatch died on January 30, 1879, leaving most of the estate to his second wife, creating a rift between her and the children of his first wife.
They slept in the 'master-bedroom' of 'the big house' before she died at an early age after giving him 6 children.
He remarried, much to her dismay. :mad:

My folks stayed in that same bedroom 100 years later.:oops:
They had just gotten to sleep (there's that quasi-concious thing again) and were awakened by the loud sound of the doorknob being twisted and the door being pulled and shoved against the doorlock.
It was the only room in the house with a doorlock.
Dad jumped out of bed, unlocked the door and yanked it open.
Nobody there.
He raced up the stairs to the 3rd floor where all of us heathens were sleeping in barracks-style beds.
He demanded to know which one of us was messing with him:waiting:.
As he waited for one of us to rat-out the culprit...
With our eyes blinking because the light had just been turned on, we looked at each other and said:
"Mamaw Hatch".
We confronted him the next morning and asked what did that.
Since he was a NASA engineer and everything has a logical explanation, he had an answer:
He said that both the downstairs and upstairs fireplaces shared a common chimney, wind blowing over the top of the chimney set up a harmonic resonance between the first and second floor and that was what was shaking his door.
Since we were little monsters, we asked him: "so, how was it twisting the doorknob back and forth?".:dunno: (my mom confirmed that)
...He just walked away angry.:mad:

Last edited:
Not exactly a "ghost" story, but a mystery that to this day has no answer.
I was next door at a New Year's eve party with my brother and some of his friends and drank a GALLON of bloody Mary's and several beers, and gods know what else. anyway, around 2:00AM I went to walk home, that being maybe ten feet away. and I made it, but that "urge to purge" hit and I went out on the back porch to relieve my guts of their toxic content. it was sleeting, and I fell down and couldn't move, the ice was coming down pretty hard and freezing on my T shirt, I couldn't yell or move, I was paralyzed and I figured:
"Well, this is it. time to clock out!"
But then somebody whose face I never saw, picked me up and drug me into the house and dumped me in my chair! Whoever it was had a purple windbreaker on with gold and purple flex cuffs. Anyway, a couple of hours later, I was still plowed, but I got up and staggered to the back door and looked, the only tracks out there were mine! I took a quick whizz and staggered back to my chair.
Whoever it was CAME BACK! and said:
"You're going to bed before you hurt yourself!" and they carried my 200+ pound, sloppy drunk self back to bed, where I woke up the next afternoon. I remember the windbreaker, but at no time did I ever see any face, which was odd in itself, but after asking around, nobody would admit to being the one who saved my life, and to this day I've NEVER seen another windbreaker like that one! ()_()

If anyone is interested in ghost detection devices, I have bought several things from Ghost Stop. They are legitimate.
Below is a link to their website.

https://www.ghoststop.com/
Nice prices! I already have a recorder, but that EVP box is tempting. I have a couple of nice ladies here I'd like to talk with 1 on 1! I know a little secret about getting along with spirits, you see they scare you because they're hungry (sometimes, other times they're lonely.) Demons normally just want left alone, but you can feed them too, in fact if you make friends, they tend to watch your back!
When humans and some animals get scared, we open up our energy lattices, there are a couple of layers in there we normally can't even use unless you're a psychic vampire, you can raise this energy by visualization and intent and place into it the memory of a meal you have eaten, the taste, smell etc. and give it to them. they get to relive a bit of being alive and you get certain favors like history lessons, knowledge of certain things, and sometimes having enemies drop dead for no apparent reason. :)

You see, our ancestors remembered how to leave out offerings of food, but they forgot how to use said offerings. (well, some of them.) I got this knowledge from a demon another magician was using to attack me, instead of fighting him, I cut the link that kept him enslaved and HE did the work for me. about a week later, he just showed up and said by law, he belonged to me. "I told him to go live in peace and enjoy his freedom, I don't enslave people!" Well, he decided to hang around and on occasion tell me little secrets I could use and catch my back when things were beyond me. he eventually found a place he could exist in peace after I gave him a new name no man knew, so he could never be bothered again, but he still comes by ever so often, we chat and I make him a steak and dark beer. ever so often he brings a friend who's tired of being screamed at and I give them a new name too.

But lookie here, I'm all out of my time line, I need to talk about the spooky stuff that happened to me as a Christian and maybe just a bit about who I am.

Magus,
I have a copy of the Necronomicon. It is less "black" magic than a record of a neophyte attempting to use spirits to get something he wanted.
The "sorcerer" thought he could control the spirits but found that he had to empower them to accomplish the chosen tasks. When you give power to a spirit you make yourself vulnerable.
About the only way to win that game is not to play. When dealing with members of a different realm you should always place restrictions on them and never empower them.
Keep sacred salt, holy water and an iron dagger with you all the time. A good copy of the holy Bible with the text marked is a given. The spirit may be from a realm that doesn't have faith in the book but as long as you have faith in it what you use will work.
The authors big mistake was using the light of day as his protection... when the sun set his protection faded. He lost faith in his ability to control the spirits without the sun. He gave the spirits the power to harm himself which is one thing you never do if you are confronting spirits that might be uncooperative.

Nice prices! I already have a recorder, but that EVP box is tempting. I have a couple of nice ladies here I'd like to talk with 1 on 1! I know a little secret about getting along with spirits, you see they scare you because they're hungry (sometimes, other times they're lonely.) Demons normally just want left alone, but you can feed them too, in fact if you make friends, they tend to watch your back!
When humans and some animals get scared, we open up our energy lattices, there are a couple of layers in there we normally can't even use unless you're a psychic vampire, you can raise this energy by visualization and intent and place into it the memory of a meal you have eaten, the taste, smell etc. and give it to them. they get to relive a bit of being alive and you get certain favors like history lessons, knowledge of certain things, and sometimes having enemies drop dead for no apparent reason. :)

You see, our ancestors remembered how to leave out offerings of food, but they forgot how to use said offerings. (well, some of them.) I got this knowledge from a demon another magician was using to attack me, instead of fighting him, I cut the link that kept him enslaved and HE did the work for me. about a week later, he just showed up and said by law, he belonged to me. "I told him to go live in peace and enjoy his freedom, I don't enslave people!" Well, he decided to hang around and on occasion tell me little secrets I could use and catch my back when things were beyond me. he eventually found a place he could exist in peace after I gave him a new name no man knew, so he could never be bothered again, but he still comes by ever so often, we chat and I make him a steak and dark beer. ever so often he brings a friend who's tired of being screamed at and I give them a new name too.

But lookie here, I'm all out of my time line, I need to talk about the spooky stuff that happened to me as a Christian and maybe just a bit about who I am.
Great read! Thanks.

Magus,
I have a copy of the Necronomicon. It is less "black" magic than a record of a neophyte attempting to use spirits to get something he wanted.
The "sorcerer" thought he could control the spirits but found that he had to empower them to accomplish the chosen tasks. When you give power to a spirit you make yourself vulnerable.
About the only way to win that game is not to play. When dealing with members of a different realm you should always place restrictions on them and never empower them.
Keep sacred salt, holy water and an iron dagger with you all the time. A good copy of the holy Bible with the text marked is a given. The spirit may be from a realm that doesn't have faith in the book but as long as you have faith in it what you use will work.
The authors big mistake was using the light of day as his protection... when the sun set his protection faded. He lost faith in his ability to control the spirits without the sun. He gave the spirits the power to harm himself which is one thing you never do if you are confronting spirits that might be uncooperative.
Good post, I had to figure all that out the hard way+be informed of it by friendly beings. as I posted, I was a total newbie when I tinkered with that fire. I've since learned that all I really have to do is focus on a being, they'll generally come see whats up and I ask if they care to help me. Sometimes they even tell me how I can get it myself. I do have to insert one thing about the beings from the Necronomicon. they're like the ones of Void, a bible really does not impress them much due to their natures. Ghosts and Demons, yes, them, not so much.

There are more spirits that are from a different realm or reality than from ours. Their history is totally different and the only commonalities are faith, respect, and trust.
Sometimes love has meaning but it is very different than ours. In that reality we would be monsters and they would attack openly from fear.

My "NUTS" have witnesses this time...
WATCH IT WING NUT! lmao!!
Alright, still in the formerly haunted or at least now quiet trailer out in the middle of nowhere. call me a weirdo, but I love a good sunset. it's my thing to have a cigar and a cold drink/ couple of shots of scotch, depending on the time of year, and watch the sun set. I got to noticing the mountain across the way, maybe five miles off. every night, and you could set your watch by it! orange/gold fireballs would come up out of the mountain, now you're thinking "swamp gas" No. these would sometimes travel across the horizon and out of sight! some would drift around like balloons, some would zip off like rockets, some a bit of both. I bought a pair of nice binoculars to watch them with. And right at 3:00AM they would all come back, line up in the sky and then drop back into the mountain. My brother thought I was nuts, and it had to be something natural until... One night while watching them, one decided to come watch me!. Now I admit, I had smoked a little pot that night, but that might have made what happened next worse! I was peeping the "base" as usual when I felt something was "OFF" It was like the world suddenly held its breath! I lowered my binoculars and looked up! and there it was! a Triangle shaped ship with clipped points and "computer lights" on the bottom just sitting there overhead ar tree top level overhead, I could have thrown my binoculars at it and scored a direct hit! It was like they knew I was watching them and decided to give me a good look! after a minute, it sailed away in the direction of the mountain until it was out of sight. this thing was easily as big as a corporate jet! Well, I told my brother, and he told me someone had dusted my weed. My visitors must have not liked that! My bro worked the loading docks at a shipping company about five miles away parking trailers in the loading bay. well when he was on break, my triangle decided to pay him a visit on the way to come see me! He said it didn't act like it cared who saw it as it just cruised overhead. A few minutes later it was coming overhead. this time I had no weed or booze in me, in fact I was drinking black coffee, somehow I knew it was coming back and I wanted to have a clear head! Well, come back it did, it followed the same course as before and I got to watch them a good five minutes! that night my brother came home and apologized to me for saying I was wasted and we sat up that night watching them go back into the mountain. this was not the last time we'd meet my feline friends however. a few weeks later, we were headed out to the party store for our weekend supply of booze and junk food and were just about to get in the car when suddenly the world got quiet again. now being hillbillies, we noticed this in a second and just looked at each other a moment. then we heard it, like wind whipping through the trees and we looked up, and there it was, like it was making sure that we both knew we weren't nuts! and then I heard her. I'm not sure my brother heard anything, but the busted radio in my head tuned in for just a brief moment. (remember the naked furry lady I referenced?) I heard her say Oh, so clear in my head:
"We'll meet again."
And so we did. several times in fact.
We never made it to the store that night, in fact I don't even remember going back inside! but we just sat there staring at each other, asking each other if what just happened, actually happened, discussing every detail in minutia and multiple times in fact all night.View attachment 95352
Oh yes! I found a pic of that ship! well, mighty close!
let me go home.png

There are more spirits that are from a different realm or reality than from ours. Their history is totally different and the only commonalities are faith, respect, and trust.
Sometimes love has meaning but it is very different than ours. In that reality we would be monsters and they would attack openly from fear.
EXACTLY! You know we're waay out here in the "desert" for a reason right? we're a species that's kind of known to be dim witted and somewhat dangerous, but fortunately we might be evolving out of that if we can get more vibrationally stable minds running our show!

Aaaaaand we now return you to:
"My haunted life!"
I saw something at the foot of my bed one night, something I can not describe, because there are no words to describe it, but being the ham-handed butcher of journalism that I am, I'm going to try.

I was asleep.
Sound asleep.
When I was woken up by a sound almost identical to an old electric heater.
My first thoughts were:
"Why is that thing hooked up? I don't remember hooking the heater up!" I glanced down, sure enough, the heater was running, but the room was getting brighter and brighter and I rolled over to see what was going on and there "IT" was!
"IT" reminded me of a cross between a human-ish shape and a rose, made of white light, very large! and it was folding up and unfolding rhythmically like it was breathing! I lay there a good couple of minutes looking at this humming whatever it was, I felt no bad vibes from it, but it was still freaking me out obviously, so I raised up and asked it what it wanted!
It folded completely up with a sucking sound and was gone in a blink of an eye! To this day I've never seen it again, and to this day I have no idea what I saw!

I was asleep. Sound asleep.
When I was woken up by a sound almost identical to an old electric heater.
My first thoughts were: "Why is that thing hooked up? I don't remember hooking the heater up!" I glanced down, sure enough, the heater was running, but the room was getting brighter and brighter and I rolled over to see what was going on and there "IT" was!
"IT" reminded me of a cross between a human-ish shape and a rose, made of white light, very large! and it was folding up and unfolding rhythmically like it was breathing! I lay there a good couple of minutes looking at this humming whatever it was, I felt no bad vibes from it, but it was still freaking me out obviously, so I raised up and asked it what it wanted!
It folded completely up with a sucking sound and was gone in a blink of an eye! To this day I've never seen it again, and to this day I have no idea what I saw!
Another great example of 'quasi-conscious'.
There are a couple of states between "asleep and awake" or "conscious and unconscious". (see hypnosis)
Welcome to "the twilight zone"! 😁
Somebody paid you a visit.;)
My little brother told me that he was just waking up one morning and heard loud children's laughter as they jumped up and down on his bed. (There's that 'quasi-conscious' thing again). He knew if he opened his eyes, they would be gone so he just laid there and listened to their wonderful howling laughter and feeling the mattress bounce as they jumped up and down on it. (there were no young children in the house)
He finally opened his eyes, and there was nothing.

Last edited:
I have some stories, so figured I'd write one up.

When I was a kid, I had a friend who lived on the next street over on the corner. Her name was Michelle but we all called her Micky. When we were around eight years old, she moved over the nearby town line. It wasn’t far, so my parents would drop me off to play. Her house and yard were bigger than mine, so it made sense. The house was two stories with half of the cellar finished and turned into a kind of playroom.

When you came down the cellar stairs, you’d turn right and there was a tv against the wall with a coffee table and couch in front of it, we used to play Atari games on it. Behind the couch was a round kitchen table with chairs to play board games and behind that in the corner was a full size bed. Next to the bed and along the walls were shelves with books, games and toys.

I don’t remember whose idea it was or why, but one day we decided to play with the Ouija board she had in the pile of board games. It was in the same size and style box as the board games so we took it to the round table, sat down and opened it. After setting it up, we placed our fingers on the planchette and started asking questions. After some giggling and a few questions, the planchette began to move slowly.

At first it didn’t spell out anything, it just seemed to be gibberish, but we continued with some yes or no questions and it began to move more steadily and spell out actual words. We became excited that it seemed to be working and asked more questions. It continued to respond for a few more minutes then something changed. The planchette started to move with fast jerky movements, almost aggressively spelling out words that weren’t answers to our questions. We asked if this was someone else, someone different and the planchette shot to yes.

One or both of us let go of the planchette at that point and started accusing the other of pushing it. I know I hadn’t purposely moved it and Micky denied doing it. We decided we were done with it at that point and left it on the table to go jump on the bed as children love to do. We bounced happily for a few minutes, laughing then at the same time we both stopped.

Something was on the ceiling of the room. I couldn’t see it but I could sense it, something was unfurling, moving along the ceiling like smoke out from a central point near where we left the board. The temperature in the room suddenly dropped to the point where it felt as cold as if you had opened a window on a snowy winter day. Micky and I looked at each other and without a word we both bolted for the stairs. We ran all the way up to her bedroom on the second floor and there the sunlight coming in the window dissolved most of our fear. I think she put it out of her mind for the most part but I haven’t forgotten what that thing felt like as it flowed out along the ceiling and I don’t think I ever will.

This was my first incident with a Ouija board, I had another one and after that I will not allow them on my property or especially in my house. They seem to attract things and not good things.

I have some stories, so figured I'd write one up.
...I don’t remember whose idea it was or why, but one day we decided to play with the Ouija board she had in the pile of board games. It was in the same size and style box as the board games so we took it to the round table, sat down and opened it. After setting it up, we placed our fingers on the planchette and started asking questions. After some giggling and a few questions, the planchette began to move slowly.

At first it didn’t spell out anything, it just seemed to be gibberish, but we continued with some yes or no questions and it began to move more steadily and spell out actual words. We became excited that it seemed to be working and asked more questions. It continued to respond for a few more minutes then something changed. The planchette started to move with fast jerky movements, almost aggressively spelling out words that weren’t answers to our questions. We asked if this was someone else, someone different and the planchette shot to yes.

One or both of us let go of the planchette at that point and started accusing the other of pushing it. I know I hadn’t purposely moved it and Micky denied doing it. We decided we were done with it at that point and left it on the table to go jump on the bed as children love to do. We bounced happily for a few minutes, laughing then at the same time we both stopped.

Something was on the ceiling of the room. I couldn’t see it but I could sense it, something was unfurling, moving along the ceiling like smoke out from a central point near where we left the board. The temperature in the room suddenly dropped to the point where it felt as cold as if you had opened a window on a snowy winter day. Micky and I looked at each other and without a word we both bolted for the stairs. We ran all the way up to her bedroom on the second floor and there the sunlight coming in the window dissolved most of our fear. I think she put it out of her mind for the most part but I haven’t forgotten what that thing felt like as it flowed out along the ceiling and I don’t think I ever will.

This was my first incident with a Ouija board, I had another one and after that I will not allow them on my property or especially in my house. They seem to attract things and not good things.
Great story!
Stay away from Ouija boards! gaah
Scientists studied them extensively, and they all concluded that the planchette was only being moved by people's subconscious actions. Which is true.
If you read the instructions, the people working it are lured into a 'trance'.
That's how 'they' get in. :oops:

Last edited:
I have done various types of rituals, chants and ceremonies designed to open gates to other realms, BUT IF ANYONE COMES NEAR ME OR MY PROPERTY WITH ONE OF THOSE DAMNED OUIJA BOARDS THEY WILL BE WALKING HOME WITH IT LODGED UP THEIR BUTT!
I have my own story about a witch-board, but it can wait...

I have done various types of rituals, chants and ceremonies designed to open gates to other realms, BUT IF ANYONE COMES NEAR ME OR MY PROPERTY WITH ONE OF THOSE DAMNED OUIJA BOARDS THEY WILL BE WALKING HOME WITH IT LODGED UP THEIR BUTT!
I have my own story about a witch-board, but it can wait...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. Other people have been like 'what's the big deal' or whatever but I DO NOT want whatever is attracted to those things one or attached to my property.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. Other people have been like 'what's the big deal' or whatever but I DO NOT want whatever is attracted to those things one or attached to my property.
He, heee! :p Aw, c'mon now, it's just some pieces of cardboard with a few pieces of plastic attached, what's the big deal?:dunno:
Shirley you don't believe in ghosts?:LOL:
We had an Ouija board years ago and it is still locked away in storage after the move.:thumbs:
I have a bunch of 'haints' that would love to get to me, and I am not about to throw 'the doorway to hell' down on the table:mad:.

Latest posts

Back