Skin repair

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terri9630

Internet Princess
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I'm pretty fair skinned and even though I've always used sun block I have some sun damage on my arms/hands. If I so much as bump into something they bruise and if I hit it hard it "cuts" me or tears the skin.

I spend enough time and money at Drs dealing with the kid and I didn't want to go so I started looking at my Drs favorite referral service. The internet. I found a question/answer type place where people had the same issue and they were told to use a high quality, high collegen face cream instead of lotion. I've been using it for a week now and it has made a HUGE difference in the skin on my arms. Its no longer dry and "papery", its soft again.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else had this problem.

Thanks @Terri9630 I use Palmers cocoa and vitamin e cream and I find that is brilliant for dry skin and really helps me.

For the sun damage on your arms and hands speak to a doctor about Efudix fluorouracil which is a cream which gets rid of all the beginning carcinomas (Bowen's disease) and spots. You will have to be checked to see if it would help your particular skin damage though.

Here is a link to information on Bowen's disease and what the skin lesions look like -

https://www.dermcoll.edu.au/atoz/bowens-disease/

Last edited:
I'm pretty fair skinned and even though I've always used sun block I have some sun damage on my arms/hands. If I so much as bump into something they bruise and if I hit it hard it "cuts" me or tears the skin.

I spend enough time and money at Drs dealing with the kid and I didn't want to go so I started looking at my Drs favorite referral service. The internet. I found a question/answer type place where people had the same issue and they were told to use a high quality, high collegen face cream instead of lotion. I've been using it for a week now and it has made a HUGE difference in the skin on my arms. Its no longer dry and "papery", its soft again.

Terri9630, do you have a particular name brand that you use?

0722190845.jpg
This is the kind of damage I'm talking about. I just hit my hand on the edge of the cabinet last week and it cut me and left a big bruise. The bruise was about the size of a silver dollar right after it happened. Even things that shouldn't leave a scratch will leave a "scratch" bruise. All those little scars were just small scratches from small things such as rose thorns.

Last edited:
I bought the Olay Regenerist micro-sculpting cream at walmart. It was $25 which I thought was insane for such a small jar but its working.
Thank you. I may get some. I have often wondered what the rich and famous use and how much they spend on looking "beautiful." I'd bet there are some very expensive treatments and products that they buy and use.

@lonewolf have you experimented in finding if you have a food intolerance ?. I have heard of a lot of people eliminating things gradually from their diets until they find out their triggers for psoriasis and then dropping those food groups and found their condition got far better. I know there is no cure but everything would be worth a try.

I just use organic coconut oil and if I go out I use makeup on my hands and whatever new red bruise's I've gotten this week.
Age will get us all and I could jump into a tub of the stuff I'm still going to be old. But I do think we should do things to be more presentable.
So thanks Terri for the info. :Thankyou:

I've got it all over, small areas mostly but larger areas on my legs, not as bad as some but its an ongoing task to treat them every morning, 2 person job as I cant see all the areas myself, some days its worse than others.

My youngest daughter has exzema since she was a baby. She is now almost 50 and still deals with it,but has learned to keep it under control most of the time. I feel for you and hope you find relief.
:huggs:

I just use organic coconut oil and if I go out I use makeup on my hands and whatever new red bruise's I've gotten this week.
Age will get us all and I could jump into a tub of the stuff I'm still going to be old. But I do think we should do things to be more presentable.
So thanks Terri for the info. :Thankyou:
I'm not worried about being presentable, bruises and scars really don't bother me. I just don't like how easily I was getting cuts and tears.

I'm not worried about being presentable, bruises and scars really don't bother me. I just don't like how easily I was getting cuts and tears.

It happens to us all. Funny you bring it up when just a couple days ago I told hubby ' whats with all this skin slicing going on '. I had just cut a slice of arm on wrapper reaching for walnuts.:ghostly:. How in the heck does a bag of walnuts cause that?

It happens to us all. Funny you bring it up when just a couple days ago I told hubby ' whats with all this skin slicing going on '. I had just cut a slice of arm on wrapper reaching for walnuts.:ghostly:. How in the heck does a bag of walnuts cause that?

That's what I was dealing with. Getting cuts from stupid things. The worst one I've had, I was carrying the laundry basket through the bedroom door and my arm scraped the strike plate. It looked like I had been cut by a knife.

I haven't had a cut since I started using the face cream on my arms/hands. I don't know if its because its working or if I just haven't bumped anything yet.

That's what I was dealing with. Getting cuts from stupid things. The worst one I've had, I was carrying the laundry basket through the bedroom door and my arm scraped the strike plate. It looked like I had been cut by a knife.

I haven't had a cut since I started using the face cream on my arms/hands. I don't know if its because its working or if I just haven't bumped anything yet.

Well I guess I better get some of that stuff. I got some more yesterday picking okra and pulling up a few weeds. Hubby ask why my arm was bleeding I just said 'who knows'.
But the worse was being attacked by that bag of walnuts.

Latest posts

Back