Slow Cooker Pork Chops

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phideaux

Old fashioned
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Has anybody tried this..?
We are trying it tomorrow.

I'll let ya know how it is.
FB_IMG_1572728846574.jpg

Jim

View attachment 29039

Jim
Haven't tried that but it sure sounds good to me.

Mom used to make chops with cream of mushroom on them when I was a kid. It was good but I'm pretty sure cream of chicken would be better!

Jim

I don't care for ranch anything, but I make something similar with homemade cream of mushroom soup, diced onions, just a touch of pork base, and fresh ground black pepper. We eat it with mashed cauliflower and french cut green beans.

I agree with Sentry, I'm not a fan of ranch dressing.
That pork chop looks really good but I don't think it is smothered in gravy. Looks like it's fried.
My wife did that exact thing last week. Made smothered pork chops in the slow cooker and didn't add the soup. She made gravy with the soup and served it on the side. I asked how that was smothered pork chops and she told me, well never mind what she told me, just let's say if I get smothered pork chops anytime soon I will be making them myself. :)

Yeah, I thought that pic looked like fried pork chop too

We use to have pork chop slow fried in mushroom soup , it was good, didn't look like that.

I'll let you know how this turns out.
Got 4 boneless in the crock pot now.
Poured in the cream o chicken swashed around.
Covered with the dry powder ranch.
Wait

Jim

Good lookin meal. Those beans could make a meal for me.. Are those taters with them?
Chops look good. We may have to try that out. Wife loves pork chops and roast.
Yep, fried taters, white beans , cornbread and the chops.

Just needed a fresh mater from garden

Jim

Last edited:
Chops look good!

I've done chops in the slow cooker. Usually throw them in the broiler when they're done just to brown them up. Great meal in cooler weather.

When we make ours in the slow cooker we sear them in the cast iron skillet before we put them into the pot with the mushroom soup, onions, and pork base.

I wonder if in the OP photo if they might have done a quick sear on the chops to add some color and bark before putting them in the crockpot. These ranch chops look awesome.

Wife did some post roasts he other week where taters, carrots and onions go in then browned 2 pot roasts and put them on top. I deglazed the pan with a little water and poured that over and then she added some water. Closed the lid and let it go for about 6 hours. Popped the meat out and covered it to rest and then mixed up a little cornstarch and water to add to the broth and veg and thickened it up a bit. Man was that some tasty eats... I want to try a similar with a pork roast now, might add a few pieces of apple to the mix too.

I wonder if in the OP photo if they might have done a quick sear on the chops to add some color and bark before putting them in the crockpot. These ranch chops look awesome.

Wife did some post roasts he other week where taters, carrots and onions go in then browned 2 pot roasts and put them on top. I deglazed the pan with a little water and poured that over and then she added some water. Closed the lid and let it go for about 6 hours. Popped the meat out and covered it to rest and then mixed up a little cornstarch and water to add to the broth and veg and thickened it up a bit. Man was that some tasty eats... I want to try a similar with a pork roast now, might add a few pieces of apple to the mix too.

Well now I'm hungry......

Latest posts

Back