small CASE 450B Dozer problem......need a forum for questions.

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Any one know a good "Forum" with knowledgeable members about crawler tractors and parts.

Supervisor42

Formerly known as Supervisor42
Neighbor
HCL Supporter

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Couldn't find a forum.
Some parts may be available here:
https://amsconstructionparts.com/case/450/bulldozer/parts
Most of those dozers look like this nowadays:
View attachment 39497
And all of the guys that worked on them have wandered off into the sunset:
View attachment 39499
Good luck.
SuperV there use to be a heavy equipment college in HomeStead ,Fl back in the mid 60s. Had a friend who studied there. Your ceificate is neat.
I have one for Private Investigator and Power Squadron. But very short compared to yours.

Supervisor42

Formerly known as Supervisor42
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
SuperV there use to be a heavy equipment college in HomeStead ,Fl back in the mid 60s. Had a friend who studied there. Your ceificate is neat.
I have one for Private Investigator and Power Squadron. But very short compared to yours.
2 years of my life, it BETTER be nice :waiting:.
What is Power Squadron? Sounds like assault troop training.
huh.gif

Frodo

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
right here right now maybe later over there
Man I am a wealth of useless info.

try this forum
this is the sub forum of g503

this is my main hang out

seek out member Ellis93 he is a diesel mechanic, and is in the middle of rebuilding a dozer

zoomzoom

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Not sure what kind of info you're looking for but there's a bunch of guys on this site that work with tracked vehicles
Their niche is more of snow cats but lots of tracked vehicle and diesel knowledge there.

SeventiesWreckers

Load Bearing Wall
Neighbor
No personal experience with crawler forums, but I did find 2 forums that were discussing the Case 450B and other Case tracked models. If they don't have the right information for you, they might be able to tell you better where to look. Best of luck anyway.

P5151527.jpg

Alaskajohn

Bugged out
Neighbor
HCL Supporter

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter

RobySul

New Friend
Neighbor
Maybe for a good tractor? If he can't repair the current one.

Tirediron

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Heavyequipmentforums.com should have some info, manufacturers usually have a parts book link,
What info are you looking for

RobySul

New Friend
Neighbor
Yeah, that place is good for asking this kind of questions. I had a problem in the past, and found the answer there. There are a lot of people who know very much about dozers and how to solve different problems which, sooner or later, will probably appear. People from that forum also recommended me to buy a tractor from machinerydealer.co.uk, and it was probably the choice possible, because for such a low price, I got an amazing tractor which works with no issues.

Last edited:

Camalot

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
No personal experience with crawler forums, but I did find 2 forums that were discussing the Case 450B and other Case tracked models. If they don't have the right information for you, they might be able to tell you better where to look. Best of luck anyway.

View attachment 39527
Steering clutches are a booger to replace. 4-5 days but not so much cash. $1500 if I recall correctly. And I may not recall correctly if you do the work yourself. That's the cleanest 450 I've seen in a long time. It's probably worth more in this condition. The machine pictured is in excellent condition.