Snow...and snow...and snow

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrannyG

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
We have about eight inches at present...will start to thaw tomorrow...everything shuts down around here, roads too icy and slick to go anywhere..school and Dr. office closed....watch out for snakes....just a friendly little photo.... So.....don’t you be out there making snow angels if you live in Texas. We are all confused apparently!!! (Also, this is not my photo, in Round Rock).
1610333768222.png

We have about eight inches at present...will start to thaw tomorrow...everything shuts down around here, roads too icy and slick to go anywhere..school and Dr. office closed....watch out for snakes....just a friendly little photo.... So.....don’t you be out there making snow angels if you live in Texas. We are all confused apparently!!! (Also, this is not my photo, in Round Rock). View attachment 56665

Something must of run it out of hybrination.

The storm got to me about an hour ago, sleet and drizzling rain at the moment. Temp is about 34 degrees. The tv weatherman said there might be an inch accumulation of snow by daylight. I'm more worried about an ice storm. In either case I hope it's melted by the time my bacon and homefries are done. The ground temp is to high for it to stay around long.

watch out for snakes....just a friendly little photo
I dislike snakes. I don't harm them, except for venomous ones around the house (don't have to worry about that now, since moving from Texas). But I still don't like them. However, for some reason I feel sorry for this one. He's probably not going to make it. :(

It is cold here, but we have been spared. No white stuff. What is a rattlesnake doing out in the snow? Shouldn't he be asleep by now?

Snow on the ground here for the last 3 weeks except a few days were most of it melted after some rain. But, snowing again. Animals have been in barn for 3 days and it looks like today will be day 4. There is nothing to eat for them outside and the goats don't like walking around in the snow. We do leave the door to the pasture open but they stay in.

I can believe that. We don't have many major snow/ice storms and what we do have doesn't last long so the cities don't invest in a lot of snow removal equipment. Snow tires? We don't need no stinkin' snow tires! We just hunker down for a day or so until it melts off the streets. 😁

Well half of the FoxFire book winter prediction is true. It suggested I would get one light snow and one heavy snow.

The tv weather guy was accurate I got about an inch this morning. The ground isn't frozen and the highway is always about 3 degrees warmer so the roads are already clear.

Snow 011121 01.JPG

I live in the triangle area between Buffalo NY, Cleveland OH and Pittsburgh PA.
We should have some decent snow by now. It's only snowed twice with any significant amounts so far this year.
Currently, the grass is green.

Back