So I had a happy screw up...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I was making breakfast half asleep when I grabbed a bag of instant waffles instead of the bread and dropped it into my french toast batter. I'm a good cook, I eat my mistakes. damn it was good! Sorry Dave, dollar store waffles just beat you!

OK, I've assembly lined it, I can use a baking pan and mix my eggs in there and soak three at a time! two of these, a slice of ham and cheese and...
What do I call it? an egg Mc F*** up? LOL

Brother, you weren't lyin! Was using up 1/2-loaf of 'Texas Toast' this am to make Bkfst, and recalled this Thread / that we Maybe had a couple of the 'toaster waffles' left in the freezer, and Yup! Sooo, decided to put yer 'claim' to the test... :p

Magus-Mc-Hyuck-Up.jpg
👍

..Really - I think yer On to somethin.. You never know - it might end up taking off / becoming the next 'Chicken & Waffles'! :p I can just see the little 'chaletaurants' all over the GA-landscape, now: "Magus' McHyuckups - French Waffles & Moar" 🤓

..And I wonder if ya Actually Did manage to 'call them that' - How soon the 'McSuits' would be paying yer Corp HQ (in the Woods, of course :) a 'visit'.. :p Too funny, but yeah - That 'combo' Really Works, Man.. :cool:

PS - Since I had Already doven into the deep end of the 'World of Breakfast Deviancies' / still had some egg-mix left over, I decided to try tossing an English Muffin in, and see how it would taste-out, too...

English-French-Toast.jpg

..And ya know? Not half bad! :cool: Though, this was 'Sourdough' so.. Perhaps a 'regular' English Muffin might turn out better.. Or, perhaps the 'Cinnamon Raisin' ones.. (hey - it's 2022, we don't 'Judge' anymore.. 🤓

Anyhoo, Thumbs up to yer 'Hyuck Up', Man! :)
jd

Sounds like it'd be good but... I'm not fond of waffles or french toast so probably won't be trying it anytime soon. And the those who sell chicken and waffles should be ashamed, especially here in the south. Good southern fried chicken doesn't need anything, least of all waffles. :rolleyes:

In a couple of months eggnog will show up in the stores. Every year I buy half a gallon and make eggnog french toast. I'll pick up some toaster waffles this year as well. Thanks for the tip.

NP. makes a hell of a sausage sandwich too!
add cheese and a patty. no problemo. grab and git breakfast!

Back