So there is this new Mexican joint...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
That serves authentic Mexican food, I order two tacos.
What came was the strangest damn taco I ever ate! It began life as a soft shell but was seared in ginger, it was crammed full of something like beef BBQ, but loaded in ginger and onions, the garnish was two slices of zucchini and a radish with two lime wedges, it wasn't bad but the hot sauce...
I sneer at Valenteina, I won a hat full of money for drinking a cup of Tapatio, I adore Texas Pete for its flavor and I tolerate Louisiana. I use Dave's insanity and bottled hell with a bit of caution, but THIS stuff. It is not often I get a hot sauce that kicks by butt, but this "in house" mix made me cry uncle. I tasted the ginger before I tasted the ghost peppers and Habenero! sweat was already popping out before the heat set in, within ten seconds, it was like I had used MACE for throat spray. its been ten hours and I can STILL taste it! I'll be going back and buying a cup full very soon!

Wait, WHAT? Taco Bell isn't authentic? :dunno: :Dancing Chicken:

I see a trip to Jungle Jims in the future (when the sun comes up)

They actually have a "hot sauce" department :)

https://junglejims.com/

Hot Sauce​

In case you didn’t know, we’re serious about Fiery Foods at Jungle Jim’s. With more than 1,500 hot sauces, and hundreds of BBQ sauces, spices and rubs, wing sauces, salsas, and mustards, our Fiery Foods Department is ready to spice things up and take it over the top!

From mild to wild, simple to complex, and right around the corner to across the globe, we know Fiery Foods. Just look for the Fire Truck inside the store, and follow it to one of the largest and most flavorful collections in the region.

Want to experience the ultimate Fiery Foods event around? The Weekend of Fire is our yearly celebration of all things hot and spicy – check it out!

Last edited:
... it was like I had used MACE for throat spray. its been ten hours and..

Here ya go, Buddy..

3474ee8d-bddf-4a84-9314-34722b778daa_1.326344c81746505bf27af7ab8a78dae4.jpeg

fire-hydrant-flush-picture-id1061051368-k-6-m-1061051368-s-612x612-w-0-h-q-UZe-MTM1-Lp-LLAPI46-Wa-Xm.jpg
:p

..Maybe it Was mace?? ;) jk, Sounds intriguing, tho.. 'Deathly-hot Ginger', hmm.. 🤔

jd

Something about the ginger seemed to amplify the heat plus the flavor,
I don't even like ginger, but this stuff was awesome! the tacos themselves needed no sauce!

Something about the ginger seemed to amplify the heat plus the flavor,
I don't even like ginger, but this stuff was awesome! the tacos themselves needed no sauce!
Ginger & Cinnamon both have a heat of their own. Much like black pepper, it is a spice in small amounts, but large amounts & it is hot.
Maybe not Ghost pepper hot, but still hot.

I recognized the flavor, if it wasn't ghost pepper, it was something closely related.
I just realized the Mexican Coke cost almost as much as the tacos! Ah, those little trips down memory lane cost ya' sometimes.

Reminds me of a time in San Diego when I decided to try a different Mexican taco stand for lunch. I was standing in line to order when I noticed that the posted "rating" for the place was a 'B'---some younger hand (looked like a surfer) heard me groan as I saw the rating, and turned to see me staring at the posted rating. As I turned to leave and go eat elsewhere, he said, "But that's what makes it GOOD!" I just laughed out loud... "Maybe for you, pal!" :cool:

Back