So, what is your plan for this.......likely future.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
From the article:
Another protester, an adult male, also decried the proposed welfare program changes telling local reporters, “Cristina [Kirchner] told us we have to go to work instead of receiving social benefits. Going to work, that’s the policy of a right winger.”

SMH

"Universal Basic Income" as in free money, nobody has to work?
I sit here and look at my damn cane and wish I COULD! Just how fast do you want to wreck a country anyway? OH sure, sounds great until you get that first 20$ cheeseburger and realize your wallet is worth more than what's in it. Didn't anyone learn from Germany? a wheelbarrow full of Marks couldn't buy a loaf of bread they printed so much money! Argentina is FULL of Germans who know better, or should!

"Ich bein ein dumbkoff."

Another interesting tidbit from the article:

“The government expects us to work from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for the same amount of money,” an outraged female Buenos Aires resident and piquetero lamented to reporters during a live news broadcast.

When asked where how she’d been earning income for her household, the woman replied, “the government.”

Sounds familiar to our welfare state. I keep scratching my head on the IMF. None of these countries will ever be able to pay off their debts and it seams the IMF is perpetrating this.

Years ago I read a story about a family living in government housing.
There were, I believe, 31 family members total and they received a combined benefit of $1.3 million per year.
The asked a young girl what she was going to do when she grew up. Her answer was go on welfare.
And have 10 kids with a check and benefits for each one. No baby daddy named for any of them

It is exactly like the fall of Rome.
Debased it's currency, unable to pay it's debts, nobles and common people falling into immorality, the gov trying to paper over the cracks with bread, circuses. Droughts and an endless cycle of war to try to accumulate enough gold and grain to save their government and stop their people from rioting.

Empires fall from within.
And that is what you are seeing with America.

And have 10 kids with a check and benefits for each one. No baby daddy named for any of them

The teenage bogan ( aussie for redneck) scrubbers do that here as well.
Get knocked up on prom night and produce a newling every year like clockwork and receive a lump sum for everyone they produce and an increase in their social security every fortnight.
Their favourite time to reproduce is when the American navy is in town for military exercises.
We get a newborn explosion 9 months after they leave and the gov hospital maternity ward is back to back with deliveries.

I am just not understanding peoples mentality of not working, Back in the day, I only worked a couple days a week at my job, but I worked everyday in my garden and processed the excess, along with tending the animals. Then I had my normal household duties everyday. Now I work FULL TIME, and still have household and animal responsibilities. I work way more than just a 40 hour week.

Last edited:
Their favourite time to reproduce is when the American navy is in town for military exercises.

Perth was the absolutely hands down the best liberty port I was ever in.
They actually had the center where the liberty boats landed that had thousands of 3x5 cards offering to entertain sailors.
Football games, sightseeing tours and things like that.
The best ones said 5 girls looking for 5 guys. Stay with us. Why go back.
We had a couple dozen guys that went AWOL and stayed.

Perth was the absolutely hands down the best liberty port I was ever in.
They actually had the center where the liberty boats landed that had thousands of 3x5 cards offering to entertain sailors.
Football games, sightseeing tours and things like that.
The best ones said 5 girls looking for 5 guys. Stay with us. Why go back.
We had a couple dozen guys that went AWOL and stayed.

I'm not even slightly surprised.

I see a future in my area of lack of energy for heating and short supply of food and consumables.
With the world events unfolding right now it looks like my preps to include low tech heating and enough consumables for a few years should serve me well if I can have enough people around to insure security.
Still have some open positions in the mountains of montana for trustworthy people.

After college, I had a friend who was a nurse and worked for the health department, ask my roommate and I to volunteer at a well baby clinic in the inner city in Kansas City, one evening a week. We did. One night I was sitting at the check in desk, working on charts. A family of 3 or 4 teenage girls are sitting in the waiting room, waiting for their turn. I hear one tell another that she needs to start having babies so she can start getting a check. To say I was shocked to hear that, would be an understatement, for a naive country girl like me.

Last edited:
I was working in California, I think it was in Fairfield, just west of the Bay. Sitting in a Carl's Jr., having a burger, when I heard this conversation at the table behind me:

Young woman #1: I just found out I'm pregnant.

Young woman #2: Girl, you better hope you have a boy this time! Cuz you know they got to give you a bigger house!

So I asked my California coworker about it and he said that in Cali, when a mother on welfare has children of both sexes they must be given government housing with bedrooms for each gender. Which kind of floored me. I see the reasoning behind it, but the attitude of using pregnancy to get benefits kind of fries my mind...

I was working in California, I think it was in Fairfield, just west of the Bay. Sitting in a Carl's Jr., having a burger, when I heard this conversation at the table behind me:

Young woman #1: I just found out I'm pregnant.

Young woman #2: Girl, you better hope you have a boy this time! Cuz you know they got to give you a bigger house!

So I asked my California coworker about it and he said that in Cali, when a mother on welfare has children of both sexes they must be given government housing with bedrooms for each gender. Which kind of floored me. I see the reasoning behind it, but the attitude of using pregnancy to get benefits kind of fries my mind...

Now days with 50 different genders, do they all get mansions?

We have a similar expression in our house, except we say it about the other guy, with a twist.
"Du bist ein scheisskopf."
JAWHOL!! <3!!

I see a future in my area of lack of energy for heating and short supply of food and consumables.
With the world events unfolding right now it looks like my preps to include low tech heating and enough consumables for a few years should serve me well if I can have enough people around to insure security.
Still have some open positions in the mountains of montana for trustworthy people.
I used to solve long term problems like this, what do you need?

Latest posts

Back