Solar controller question

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBob

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
So...we got the lines from the combiner box to the house laid, and I connected them up.
My ten 24 volt panels are connected in 5 strings of 48 volts, going to the combiner box, which is going to the Outback FlexMax80, which is going to the 48 volt battery bank.

Turning on the charge controller I see only 36.7 in which is 24 volt I believe.
See pics below...I am wondering if one of my connections from the panel to the combiner is bad, thus making it take the lower value?

IMG_20180716_103042.jpg

these are my settings, which should be correct...any solar guys have an opinion?

IMG_20180716_103132.jpg

I had to go for a PET scan today, so I will dig into it tomorrow.

Sorry TBob, I have no idea at the time. We haven't been studying it for a couple years now. So I forgot. Did you figure it out yet?

No! Not good. What was the problem and how'd you fix it?

Dudette,
(love the moniker) I am doing the same thing but there will be about four weeks a year when we are fog bound in my area. The solar will not work well and there is no wind so I have calculated that I will need a large battery backup good for at least two weeks at a time and maybe a whole house generator using alcohol fuel for those freak times that go beyond preps. I plan on producing my own alcohol for fuel so getting fuel will not be a problem.

Keep in mind that most wind turbines require a fair amount of maintenance.
And sometimes the 'maintenance' of wind turbines looks like this.
Here are your expensive, 'Free Green Energy' generators in real life:

You have to wonder where all that 'junk' goes. :oops:
More 'upstanding' technology being 'maintained' that you are not supposed to see:

'Free power' anyone? ...Just needs a little work :rolleyes::
Abandoned Wind Farm in the Oklahoma Panhandle: Revisited 2021

Last edited:
It all gets buried, usually on site.

I personally think they should all be delivered to AOC, no deposit no return.... Postage due...
68788-1625014666042.png
Here's your wonderful million-dollar "Green-Energy" wind turbines on May 11-12, 2023. Love the music, 3:41 :

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back