Solomon Seal

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBLife

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Solomon Seal root is quite tasty. The juice can be used as an anti-wrinkle option. Since the plant can be rare in some places you either need to gather seed and plant a stand to be able to harvest from or use the Indian method of gathering that leaves the plant to continue living. From the East side of the plant dig about 5 inches away from the plant and work towards the roots. Take a few inches of root (from huge plants) of an inch from smaller and then replace the moved soil leaving the rest of the plant and stalk intact. This method is how they would harvest many things and not destroy the plants.

It's a wonderful plant I grow on my porch. It's an easy plant to grow, loves shade. It never does well in full sun. I find it most often in hardwood timber but it will grow in an old pine and hardwood mix.

It's the best medicine I've ever used for tendon/ligament damage and pulled muscles. My dad uses it for worn out cartilage in his old knees, very helpful with pain. Not only does it control the pain it heals tendons rapidly. For the medicinal info of this wonderful plant...

Also, there is a plant known as "False Solomon's Seal". I've included info about it in this thread.

https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/solomons-seal.1716/

Here it is growing in hardwoods on Lookout Mtn this past spring. And growing on my porch, last year I think.

Solomons Seal  1aa .JPG
Solomons seal porch lla.JPG

Last edited:
It's a wonderful plant I grow on my porch. It's an easy plant to grow, loves shade. It never does well in full sun. I find it most often in hardwood timber but it will grow in an old pine and hardwood mix.

It's the best medicine I've ever used for tendon/ligament damage and pulled muscles. My dad uses it for worn out cartilage in his old knees, very helpful with pain. Not only does it control the pain it heals tendons rapidly. For the medicinal info of this wonderful plant...

Also, there is a plant known as "False Solomon's Seal". I've also included info on it in this thread.

https://www.homesteadingforum.org/threads/solomons-seal.1716/

Here it is growing in hardwoods on Lookout Mtn this past spring. And growing on my porch, last year I think.

View attachment 99173View attachment 99174

I need to plant a few of those

Latest posts

Back