Songs That Bring Back Memories

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So many wonderful memories, tunes and sounds. Brings the past back to life, with the joy, love, sadness, sorrow and the magic of years past. As one song said --- "Thanks for the Memories".

I have had my music fix for the night and now I will sleep well. Thanks Meerkat.

My hubby on ski's, except he never fell, was one heck of a skier.:woo hoo:

None of us are , so we deal with it,:p:)

Last edited:
When I read the thread title, my twisted mind produced this (sorry folks): I'm sure that my age was a single digit the first time I heard "Jimmy Crack Corn (and I don't care)". I liked the tune, and couldn't come close to understanding the lyrics. I knew the words, and understood the phrases, but the message ultimately made no sense. "Crack corn"? Some act by a "bluetail" fly? What?

Sang what I remembered of it for weeks - and ultimately still do occasionally. Liked and still like the melody; same deal as Camptown Races, though those lyrics were in a school book.

[Meerkat, you seem to have 'lived more life' than I have. Probably so, though you were certainly paying more attention than I. Booze is a suppressor and a distraction.

When I read the thread title, my twisted mind produced this (sorry folks): I'm sure that my age was a single digit the first time I heard "Jimmy Crack Corn (and I don't care)". I liked the tune, and couldn't come close to understanding the lyrics. I knew the words, and understood the phrases, but the message ultimately made no sense. "Crack corn"? Some act by a "bluetail" fly? What?

Sang what I remembered of it for weeks - and ultimately still do occasionally. Liked and still like the melody; same deal as Camptown Races, though those lyrics were in a school book.

[Meerkat, you seem to have 'lived more life' than I have. Probably so, though you were certainly paying more attention than I. Booze is a suppressor and a distraction.

Vtill, I've stirred up enough stuff for this week, so Al Jolson singing " Camp Town Races " would not be a good idea. :ghostly:.:Thankyou:

But this is one kinda like it. Hope you enjoy it she is a great singer.

Last edited:
So much wonderful music and eh wonderful people that bring it here to share. Again, thanks Meekat.

Your :welcome:. The great thing about music is ,there is a song for every mood.
Silly, sad, mad or just glad. In love ,in hate or somewhere in between, there is a song for all.:woo hoo::lil guy:.

Anyone remember the 'iconic' recording of Oh Happy Day? A guy and a guitar, seemingly singing to himself. "Oh happy day, all my troubles, all gone away - Oh, oh, oh happy day." Seemed obvious to me that he was expecting to be dead by sundown. And sort of looking forward to it.

Anyone remember the 'iconic' recording of Oh Happy Day? A guy and a guitar, seemingly singing to himself. "Oh happy day, all my troubles, all gone away - Oh, oh, oh happy day." Seemed obvious to me that he was expecting to be dead by sundown. And sort of looking forward to it.

No I don't think I saw that one. Only found the religious one.

Last edited by a moderator:
A song when
Meercat, It had it's run in the '70s, seems like. I had to hear it a couple times to realize that he wasn't really happy. Or maybe I wasn't. Well, I knew I wasn't.

VThil, I looked for it on youtube and couldn't find it. Any other song you like?:green man:

Back