Songs That Bring Back Memories

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one reminds me of my oldest granddaughter when she was trying to tell me something I DID NOT WANT TO HEAR. Also like the music in the song.

Thanks for the thought, Meerkat. T'would be more hurt than help.

From another hearing impaired dude, you are speaking for yourself. I love the fact that Meerkat puts up songs with lyrics or captions.

Man how bout all these great songs on here! Here is one I'm gonna share that WILL BE a memory song for me. I am moving into an RV, my buddy said, "It's a ship, you gotta give it a name." So her name came to me today, it's a song I've known my whole life but now has special meaning, it is right where I'm at in life right now. My RV will be christend the HMS COOL CHANGE.

Man how bout all these great songs on here! Here is one I'm gonna share that WILL BE a memory song for me. I am moving into an RV, my buddy said, "It's a ship, you gotta give it a name." So her name came to me today, it's a song I've known my whole life but now has special meaning, it is right where I'm at in life right now. My RV will be christend the HMS COOL CHANGE.

Nice song and it brings back memories of the music hubby and hiss brothers played, one sang ' Cool Change ' in their band. They were in Battle of The Bands in the early 90s and made it to the top 25 out of 500. Hubby wasn't in the band at that time though.

When we were traveling more.

First puppy love rejection and getting it rubbed in by nice boy who warned me while this song played at the teen dance.,lol.
Nice boy joined Air Force sent to Viet Nam but came back and we have always been friends.

lyrics

Last edited:
Three Dog Night name came from a cold night while on tour and one of the band said it was a three dog night. So that is where they got their band name. Or thats the way I remember it.

Song from one of my top five favorite movies, watching Miliza Korjus dance and sing this song " The Great Waltz". 1938 classic. Also watching mama play it on her piano.

My favorite part of her performance of this movie click to 21 seconds into movie. Beautiful voice,gown and I like her hat too.:cool:

Last edited:
Ah, another night of wonderful song and lyrics. Thank you all and especial thanks to Meerkat who seems to be able to find the music with lyric for us deaf guys.

Memories of a concert at the Fulton County Atlanta Stadium 1975 or 76. Top billing was Allman Brothers ,but Greg overdosed on stage and that was end of them for the day. Tucker, ZZ Tops, Lynerd Skynerd really made up for it though.

We use to go to this little restaurant bar here and it was full of Gator fans, so of course I was a Nole's fan not that I watched either of them that much, but it was fun when Gators lost and I played this song on jukebox singing out loud my own added lyrics ' roll over them gators again'.
They kept saying 'keep her away from that damn jukebox'.

PS, hubby just said " I can sound like him" and I replied, 'in your dreams and my nightmares'.:D
Hubby can sing but he ain't no John Anderson. More a Marchall Tucker which is good..

When the US Navy Ship Fleet came back to US port you could ask them to play a song for sailors coming in.
I always told my son this was our song. So I called and ask them to play this one while they were departing. Somehow my request got through.
Son said he knew the first few chords it was from me. I wasn't there but my song was.They were coming in from mine clearing in the Gulf ,where dolphins were used to find and mark the mines.

Thinking back on the ' good ol days' and the good memories of the times past.

Last edited:
Every time I hear Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear the Reaper" I think of the opening scene of the movie "The Stand". I believe that the band has had the song removed from any posting on you tube.

Last edited:
I remember this song when I was 7 or 8 when we use to go to Catalina Island for the summer.

I was a young teen when she was popular, had her album.

This one was popular a couple years earlier. Right when the Korean War was ending and the VNam war was gearing up.

@TMT Tactical got lyrics in case you are lerking. :)

Latest posts

Back