Southern Folk Medicine

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peanut

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Southern Folk Medicine: Healing Traditions from the Appalachian Fields and Forests
Paperback – January 16, 2018

by Phyllis D. Light (Author),‎ Matthew Wood (Afterword),‎ Rosemary Gladstar (Foreword)

It goes on sale tomorrow on Amazon. I pre-ordered my copy. I know Ms Phyllis, she has an incredible knowledge of Appalachian plant medicine.

Last edited:
I got my new book today and have already read the first chapter. Phyllis has the ability to tell a story in a remarkable way. I already know this is a book I will read many times and refer to for years to come.

I once had the opportunity to take a class on southeastern medicinal plants taught by Phyllis and David Winston, a wonderful class. David is Cherokee, studied from childhood. Later he studied American herbalism and Chinese Medicine.

Here is what David said after reading Phyllis’s book (He writes much better than I).

Few people know about the practice of Southern Folk Medicine. Heavily based on ancient Greek and European practices, melded with Native American, Christian, and African influences, this system offers us a uniquely American way to look at and positively influence the human body and relieve disease. Written in an easy-to-understand and autobiographical manner, this book will open your mind to a new way of understanding well-being, illness, and health.”

Phyllis Light Book.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back