SpaceX Opens ‘Golden Age’ of Space Colonization

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sentry18

Thrivalist
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
people should ber listening to this news rather than the media talking points on the terrible state of the USA.
We are going into space while some people are complaining that there is no path forward without tearing everything down. PEOPLE LOOK UP!

people should ber listening to this news rather than the media talking points on the terrible state of the USA.
We are going into space while some people are complaining that there is no path forward without tearing everything down. PEOPLE LOOK UP!

Most of us won't go yet Sheep and I'm not so sure the younger generaion wants to go.

But it is interesting news and I did read over it.$460,000000 hope its roundtrip. The future is here alright, The Jetsons have arrived.

Musk says only $19,000,000 per passanger - just $133,000,000 for each round trip! That is just to the space station but it is a lot better than the shuttles cost of $460,000,000. That is less than 1/3 the cost (28.9%) and closer to 1/4 the cost.
I can't afford that but it is the biggest step in over 75 years. Spacex can do that many times a day with reusable hardware. It won't be long before people will be going to space in the same way people left Europe to go to America.

Musk says only $19,000,000 per passanger - just $133,000,000 for each round trip! That is just to the space station but it is a lot better than the shuttles cost of $460,000,000. That is less than 1/3 the cost (28.9%) and closer to 1/4 the cost.
I can't afford that but it is the biggest step in over 75 years. Spacex can do that many times a day with reusable hardware. It won't be long before people will be going to space in the same way people left Europe to go to America.

Not sure I could handle the G force,

That is if the rocket strapped to your posterior decides to stay in one piece

I'm with you Meerkat. It is only 3 gs but I don't think my back could take it. Most people would feel a little discomfort but be fine. The zero g "motion sickness" affects almost everyone but most get used to the new conditions in under three days. I've never had motion sickness but it would be interesting to see what zero g would feel like.

Cnsper,
When you are riding a controlled explosion there is always the risk that something will go wrong. I think the reward would be worth the risk. Even if it blew up - WHAT A WAY TO GO! ;)

I'm with you Meerkat. It is only 3 gs but I don't think my back could take it. Most people would feel a little discomfort but be fine. The zero g "motion sickness" affects almost everyone but most get used to the new conditions in under three days. I've never had motion sickness but it would be interesting to see what zero g would feel like.

Cnsper,
When you are riding a controlled explosion there is always the risk that something will go wrong. I think the reward would be worth the risk. Even if it blew up - WHAT A WAY TO GO! ;)

I've never had motion sickness either. Now after boasting I may get it,lol. Then won't be on the high seas again.
I really enjoyed Appolo 13 though.

Yep, after Apollo 11, 13 was... exciting?

Back