Speakers

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bacpacker

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Well time to go way off the prepper train of thought for a second. But Spikedriver made mention of bluetooth speakers in another thread. It got me think of speakers in general. I am a huge music fan. Can't play anything but the radio. But could stand to listen to music all day long. Sometimes at high levels (I know imagine that).

What do you folks use for speakers? Anyone have Bluetooth types, or any other wireless speakers?

I have a decade old Yamaha receiver and CD player hooked to a set of Fisher speaker that are pushing 40. They still sound ok, but not what they used to be. I'd also like to tie the TV to a sounds system, as we like to watch a channel that has lots of recorded concerts on it. So I'm looking around.

Sorry, my teeth are all white. :rolleyes: When I listen to music it is my wife or son singing or an internet radio station.

I have a small bluetooth speaker that I use quite a bit. We only get 1 radio station I am interested in listening to and that falls short sometimes. Our rv has a stereo I can link to my phone and listen to pandora. It works ok. We have a set of Bose speakers in storage since we in an rv for now. Bose are awesome and yes expensive. I posted this meme back when I was using them.
15941099_1668756519804915_3577110828399572787_n.jpg

A Navy buddy bought a set of JBL speakers in the Navy Exchange in Japan. He paid very little for them and they were amazing.
They were 6 feet tall and about 2 feet square. You should have seen the looks he got when he moved into the barracks. He told his roommates that he listened to nothing but country. They were not happy, then the hard rock music started blasting and all was good again. He could make the entire 4 story building shake. I'll bet he is a deaf as I am now.

@Bacpacker most of the newer sound bar/subwoofer combos are Bluetooth capable. Check out the better Samsungs.

In my little living room a smaller speaker setup works fine. I've got a 15 year old Sanyo home theater with little satellite speakers and the crappy subwoofer that came with it. An upgrade is on my list but I mostly listen to music in the car so it's not a priority right now.
The sound quality from the smaller Bluetooth speakers you can get now is surprising. The better ones can rival the midsized Sony home stereos from my younger days. The fact they are portable and wireless (and have a 12 to 20 hour battery life) is the cherry on top. Some are even waterproof and will float. For $100 or even a bit less you can have some really good sound.

Last edited:
Speakers? Whatever speaker they put in the iPad (listen to music when I shower) or in the Alexa (listen to music when I make the bed). Other then those two times I prefer quite so I can think, plan and concentrate.

In terms of bang-for-your-buck, IMHO, you can't beat these.
Logitech Z623. Currently $91.99.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003VAHYTG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sound quality and volume capabilities are amazing. (THX certified).

I have 3 sets. One on a TV, one on my computer and a "floater". For the floater, I keep them in a milk crate for easy portability. You need AC power for the speakers but otherwise, you can plug into a cell phone, boom box or whatever else you have that has a standard 3mm jack.

Latest posts

Back