Special Easter Plans?

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Swing

Porch Lover
Staff member
Admin
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
My Aunt and I were talking of getting together Sunday to have an Easter dinner. Going to a Chinese buffet, or maybe a really yummy BBQ place. We don't do the family cooking these days.

Do you have special plans for Easter Sunday?

Nope. Just hubby and I. I have no idea if we're putting in another window saturday or on sunday. I'm thawing some spiral sliced ham for us for sunday supper. He goes back to work on monday. He's been off for the last week

Kids and grandkids over. Easter egg hunt and dinner.
Am cooking a ham for the meateaters, and shrimp pasta for the vegetarians.
Family devotions at home

I didn't know vegetarians would eat shrimp. That's yummy regardless of your outlook on eating.

Some vegetarians eat fish. Pescatarians. Our youngest eats fish. I don't like fish.

Jesus seems to have approved of eating fish. Some of the western Amerind tribes frowned on the practice. I personally recall with considerable pleasure the eating of 4 inch brookies, fried in butter in a cast iron frying pan over a wood fire, on family picnics beside Falls Brook.

Maybe she could bring lunch since you'll be doing yard work and packing. @Terri9630

Sounds as if there is a lot of good plans in the above posts.

We (Mom and I) did go meet the rest of the family at the Chinese buffet. They were doing the business! I got Mom her plate of stuff she likes and can chew. Then I made sure to have some shrimp in a couple of ways. Then other yummy stuff, but I forgot to eat any dessert.

@Angie spent Sunday at church in the morning, we did a paid mowing job on our way home. Today being Monday we helped out at the RSL club to deep clean the inside of the RSL sub branch and set up outdoor gazebos for Anzac Day this coming Thursday.

@Angie it is the returned services and leagues of Australia which looks after current serving and those returned or not returned from war and their families. Here is the wikipedia description - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Returned_and_Services_League_of_Australia .

And Anzac Day is a day of commemoration and remembrance day for both Australian and New Zealand forces who landed in Gallipoli in world war 1 and those who past and present are serving in the military services and here is the link - https://www.awm.gov.au/commemoration/anzac-day/traditions . Anzac Day is when all the military service men or women, family members who have past deceased family military members march in either full military gear and their medals as a way of honouring and supporting military service people. Family members of deceased military people can march with the medals of their family members attached to their clothing as a way to honour and remember them too.

DH will be marching on the day as a member of the Arms Corp as he served in peace keeping missions in many countries in his service. It is hard to explain but when you put any group of military people together they are an instant extended family and will support and care for one another. War and military service and their experiences has a way of bringing people together in support of one another.

Latest posts

Back