My grandparents had a rattlesnake rattle collection from the various rattlers that were killed on their ranch. Since rattlers are dangerous, they were not moved or allowed to just go away. We never went to the outhouse at night, after it got dark. We used a chamber pot. Rattlers could be found on the front steps from time to time. Grandpa almost died from a rattlesnake bite. I have been in situations where I couldn't see my hand in front of my face either. I just read something about being prepared a few days ago: bullets, beans and flash lights. I know I have owned several over the years. They have mostly been replaced because they were damaged by leaky batteries, or better ones were available. I have some solar garden lights. I know that anything electronic has a limited life.