Spice Rack

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes there is wasted space above stored items in cabinets where a slide out shelf could be installed.
I'd like to have my herbs and spices in single line around the edges of a cabinet with larger containers of flours, sugars in the middle.

The new spice racks are on the wall, but I still have work to do. I have some consolidation to do, and some replacing the tins with bottles which I do have. I have made up a list of spices, and have been trying to inventory what I have, bottles for daily use on these racks, back up bottles, and restaurant and quart jars. The spaces are for spices that I have and need to work on. I would like all the bottles to be the same with labels. I'll get to that, but that will take a while.

These racks come 4 to a box. I got two boxes of them from Amazon. I could use a couple more of these racks. I could use one just for extracts and other flavorings.

Spice racks.jpg

A friend needed a spice rack and hd had an old used bathroom vanity door

Studs in your wall are 14 1/2” apart or 16” on center
We cut the Sheetrock out, painted the studs and sheetrock
Added shelves
Picture framed the hole with crown molding and installed the old door after we trimmed it a little
All was done with material from the barn

I had ordered two sets of the chrome spice holders originally, 4 racks to a set, 8 holders altogether that hold 6 bottles each. They are all full and I am stacking up the bottles that don't fit. I do have room on the wall for more of the racks, so I ordered another set today. My spices were scattered and not all in jars, just a mess. I'm still plugging away at it, doing a little bit here and there.

Back