Sprouting sprouts, shrooming etc.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Last edited:
I have well water so all good. I'm the only one who eats them so I just make some in a pint jar.

I'm sterilizing some liquid culture ..I tried it once before but I think I overheated the culture.
Good news it wasnt contaminated, but the spores didnt like it.
Growing mushrooms isnt hard..but it takes some work I've found.
I m stepping up my game on it, if I can produce a viable culture, I could potentially make some side funds from the local gourmet mushy lovers.
I saw morel spores online too..I saw some glow in the dark ones too. Thatd be fun but I bet my state wouldn't allow those to be grown here. Some states are fussy like that.

I have well water so all good. I'm the only one who eats them so I just make some in a pint jar.
Might want to go gallon pickle jar, once you start cooking with them EVERYBODY wants some!
One cup, stir fried in butter with carrots and onions served over steamed rice with sweet n sour or teriyaki sauce is the bomb! just add meat.

saw some glow in the dark ones too. Thatd be fun but I bet my state wouldn't allow those to be grown here. Some states are fussy like that.
All good in GA. as long as you don't dry them and put them in a jell-cap.

Latest posts

Back