Squatters...

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Horton

Old Bush Bear
Neighbor
It seems squatters are becoming more an issue in many places.. Seemingly mostly the larger sanctuary type states and metros and all.. I seems you can come home from a grocery run, kids sports game and some one else is living in your house, drinking the beer from your fridge, all with a bogus lease and there is nothing you can do about it at the moment.. Some instances taking a year or more for the court, cops and all to sort it all out and presumably all at your expense.. Many will express ..well I'll get the SOB out either vertical or horizontal.. You can't do that it seems..

It appears the person in the video is giving a ..how to lesson.. on how to be a squatter..

Facts, details, experience, thoughts ??

I guess I would just put it all in their name and walk away.

That's pretty frightening since we have a retirement home in another state that we are supporting and it is sitting empty. It is completely furnished and has wifi, cable tv, electricity, and water. We hope to go there soon, but we are not there yet.

Squat on the squatters. Write yourself a lease and move in on them. If you can't force them out, they can't force you out either. Hopefully you live in a castle doctrine state in case they do try. If you are forced to protect your castle, the investigating officers would probably determine who is the owner and who was the intruder rather quickly.

I guess I would just put it all in their name and walk away.

That's pretty frightening since we have a retirement home in another state that we are supporting and it is sitting empty. It is completely furnished and has wifi, cable tv, electricity, and water. We hope to go there soon, but we are not there yet.
This problem will explode in the coming years when they run out of money to pay for all the luxury hotels that they are housing the migrants in.
...You ain't seen nuthin' yet! :oops:

This is a little different.

I live by people that I don't see for literally years. We are not hanging out in the yards. We do yard work, but not on the same schedule. I recently met a renter of one side of a duplex close to my home who told me about what happened on the other side of the duplex she lives in during COVID. Four years of her living there, and I just met her. I never even saw her before. Someone rented the other side of the duplex, and then lived there for six months without paying rent. While they were living there, they ran an Air B and B, so they had income from their B & B guests, and kept it. I remember seeing furniture and personal things piled up by the curb a while back, and that was when the "renters" were finally evicted.

I know this is serious and eventually may affect someone we know. I love Hispanic food and had this humorous response.

My and I were talking about this yesterday. She asked what if we get home and someone is in our house. I said well they better be cooking dinner.

This is a very scary issue for me. My daughter has a beach house that is about 4 hours from her main residence, which they use as rental property and for personal use. Both houses, their main residence and the rental property are left unoccupied for significant periods of time.

Being a house sitter could become a full time profession. How else could you stop squatters from taking possession?

Being old SUCKS.

But someone 16 y/o today and looking at 60 or 70 years of life in America going forward, I can Invision "far" worst then current Haiti.

America peaked someplace in the 1950's.

I continue to advise watch Europe; it is 6 to 12 months ahead of America in deterioration.

I am sad that preppers are not prepping. I suspect there "might" be a more fatal/suicidal human condition, then Normalcy Bias, yet I am not aware of it.

I once watched endless waves of Lemmings (it lasted for weeks) race to the water. (This was far down the Alaska Peninsula).

Being old SUCKS.

But someone 16 y/o today and looking at 60 or 70 years of life in America going forward, I can Invision "far" worst then current Haiti.

America peaked someplace in the 1950's.

I continue to advise watch Europe; it is 6 to 12 months ahead of America in deterioration.

I am sad that preppers are not prepping. I suspect there "might" be a more fatal/suicidal human condition, then Normalcy Bias, yet I am not aware of it.

I once watched endless waves of Lemmings (it lasted for weeks) race to the water. (This was far down the Alaska Peninsula).
Pay attention yee who reads this above wisdom ,thing are going to get bumpy

I bought 30 acres in Branson West a few years back speculating that the highway was moving and splitting the property. It took around 3 years before that eventually happened. The property had an old mobile home on it an I rarely visited the place. I hadn’t been there in several months and figured I should go check on the property. When I pulled up there was trash everywhere and someone was living in the mobile without electricity or water. I finally found the guy and told him in certain terms to leave. I couldn’t get him out of there and after about a week I went and talked to the police. They were absolutely no help. I thought about what to do and it being in the cold winter I took both the doors off of the old trailer let the weather do the work for me. I never seen him again after that.

I absolutely hate zerohedge. Here is a cut/paste from that attached article.

Favoring intruders over owners constitutes a “taking” that violates the Fifth Amendment, which says government cannot impinge on your right to your property.

Hey idiots, please learn the Constitution. What you are trying to describe is actually the Fourth Amendment!

Way back in the early 80's one of get'R-done guys needed to evict some people. So, we agreed to help get-R-done.
He asked, "What is the plan". We said Friday night at 5:30 we will get'R-done. Just have a case of cold beer.

He wanted them out, because he wanted to demolition the building. The building had fairly large picture window.

After repeated warnings, one of the get'R-done crew backed the CASE 580 BACKHOE up to the window and inserted the EXTEND-A HOE through the big window. Out they came. Pissed, but we gave them beers. And a ride to a cheap hotel and paid for one night's stay. The building was down, before the beer was all gone.

Latest posts

Back