Squirrel season is upon us.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squirrelhunter

Tree rat eradicater
Neighbor
Got 3,should've gotten a couple more.

ddaDShE.jpg

Got 3,should've gotten a couple more.
Nice shot placement.
You do know you don't have to eat them if you don't wanna.
My local grocery store (not Walmart) has these available instead:
extra_large.jpg

Fittey-cents a can, just like the old days:cool:.

extra_large.jpg

You have any idea how many corn-dogs are in a 10# box? Enough to feed teenagers:eek:!

Or 10 pounds of bacon for 15 bux?
extra_large.jpg

Eggs are not just for breakfast anymore. Everybody is taking their Vitorin/Lipitor nowadays.
Guess how many you can get for 59 cents?
extra_large.jpg

Now if you're one of the folks that's got money, you can live 'high-on-the-hog' for chump-change.
Imagine 5 or 10 pounds of these sizzling on the grill:
extra_large.jpg

(Yes, we're still allowed to call them 'Plantation Sausage':rolleyes:.)

Life is good living among the rednecks:wink:.
Just say 'no' to eating squirrel:D. But continue to blast'em!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice shot placement.
You do know you don't have to eat them if you don't wanna.
My local grocery store (not Walmart) has these available instead:
extra_large.jpg

Fittey-cents a can, just like the old days:cool:.

extra_large.jpg

You have any idea how many corn-dogs are in a 10# box? Enough to feed teenagers:eek:!

Or 10 pounds of bacon for 15 bux?
extra_large.jpg

Eggs are not just for breakfast anymore. Everybody is taking their Vitorin/Lipitor nowadays.
Guess how many you can get for 59 cents?
extra_large.jpg

Now if you're one of the folks that's got money, you can live 'high-on-the-hog' for chump-change.
Imagine 5 or 10 pounds of these sizzling on the grill:
extra_large.jpg

(Yes, we're still allowed to call them 'Plantation Sausage':rolleyes:.)

Life is good living among the rednecks:wink:.
Just say 'no' to eating squirrel:D. But continue to blast'em!

Now I admit,them are all tempting,especially the bacon,as for the eggs the ducks pretty well keep us supplied with those and I don't eat eggs much anyway,they have a tendency to cause rather nasty smelling gas aromas :eek:opsie: :eek:. But none compare to the ability to eat "high on the hog" for the cost of a .22lr shell :wink:. We just had 1 of the best meals we've had in awhile last night,rabbit,squirrel and mac & cheese. The squirrel and rabbit was from last season,the last of it so I have to start restocking.:D

Now I admit,them are all tempting,especially the bacon,as for the eggs the ducks pretty well keep us supplied with those and I don't eat eggs much anyway,they have a tendency to cause rather nasty smelling gas aromas :eek:opsie: :eek:. But none compare to the ability to eat "high on the hog" for the cost of a .22lr shell :wink:. We just had 1 of the best meals we've had in awhile last night,rabbit,squirrel and mac & cheese. The squirrel and rabbit was from last season,the last of it so I have to start restocking.:D
10-4 on the eggs. I watch my cholesterol like a hawk and found I can eat a bunch of 'em now.:green man:
My wife has however mentioned the Geneva Convention before and threatened to have me brought to the Hague for 'chemical weapons' assault if I didn't go outside:rolleyes:.
The mac&cheese with the game meat definitely sounds passable though.

While not a squirrel, I did manage to "Cap" another Groundhog the other day!:D

th

And the gang came early & picked his a$$ clean!

th

Believe it or not there buddy, I know some folks in these here woods who will eat road kill! Back during my LE days, we had a guy on the force who would jump at the chance to pick up a road killed deer!

If a deer was struck on the highway we wouldn't even bother calling the game Warden, we would just call him, (on duty or off) and he would come out and scoop that sucker up!:eek:

Believe it or not there buddy, I know some folks in these here woods who will eat road kill! Back during my LE days, we had a guy on the force who would jump at the chance to pick up a road killed deer!

If a deer was struck on the highway we wouldn't even bother calling the game Warden, we would just call him, (on duty or off) and he would come out and scoop that sucker up!:eek:
There's some (my youngest son included) that will pick them up if it's been recently hit. Just got to sign a paper from the LE officer saying you're taking it if the person who hit it doesn't want it,they have 1st dibs.

I wish I had a place to hunt them I love hunting them.
They are fun & a bit hard to hunt Jerry, cause as I'm sure you know, those suckers spook at the blink of an eye & will take off! To have such short stumpy legs, they sure are fast!

They are fun & a bit hard to hunt Jerry, cause as I'm sure you know, those suckers spook at the blink of an eye & will take off! To have such short stumpy legs, they sure are fast!
I know,I use to love hunting them along the railroad tracks as a kid,really miss it.

I hunt whistlepigs in the meadow's around the house. Built an AR just for the task. Don't have much trouble with them spotting. We glass for them. The average shot is between 200 and 300 yards.
20180811_202804.jpg

Latest posts

Back