• Welcome to Homesteading & Country Living.
    We are glad you came to visit.
    Ads in your way? Register/login and read with less ads, or ask how to get rid of them.

St Louis Couple Holds Off BLM Mob after the mob breaks into private community

Help Support Homesteading Forum:

Sparky_D

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Update (1115ET): The St. Louis couple seen defending their mansion on Sunday have spoken publicly about what happened.

Personal injury lawyers Mark McCloskey, 63, and his wife Patricia, 61, told KMOV4 that they were having dinner with family outside their home when the BLM protesters broke through iron gates marked with "No Trespassing" and "Private Street" and "rushed" towards their home.

"A mob of at least 100 smashed through the historic wrought iron gates of Portland Place, destroying them, rushed towards my home where my family was having dinner outside and put us in fear of our lives," said Mark McCloskey.

According to police, the couple told protesters that they were on trespassing on a private street and needed to leave. Shortly after, the couple grabbed their guns after noticing several armed protesters in the crowd, shouting threats.
"This is all private property. There are no public sidewalks or public streets. We were told that we would be killed, our home burned and our dog killed. We were all alone facing an angry mob," McCloskey told News 4. -KMOV4

A St. Louis couple armed themselves and stood outside their mansion as a group of Black Lives Matter protesters who had broken into their gated community shuffled past while chanting.
'We Were Facing An Angry Mob': Gun-Toting St. Louis Couple Tell Their Side Of The Story

Woody

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
The story doesn’t say how many of the scurrying rats they got. That gateway arch would have made a nice choke point. Put down a few of the first ones through and the rest would have to stumble over their bodies to get past it. Make for easier picking them off. Hard to tell by the pictures, but he looks off to the side enough so those stones for the fence would have stopped bullets that passed through them. Not like he was firing directly out the archway into the street. Have to think of the neighbors.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
The story doesn’t say how many of the scurrying rats they got. That gateway arch would have made a nice choke point. Put down a few of the first ones through and the rest would have to stumble over their bodies to get past it. Make for easier picking them off. Hard to tell by the pictures, but he looks off to the side enough so those stones for the fence would have stopped bullets that passed through them. Not like he was firing directly out the archway into the street. Have to think of the neighbors.

I'd like to know more about it too.

Supervisor42

Formerly known as Supervisor42
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Short on training, long on bravery.
What nobody heard is what would have happened to their 'privilege' house, or them, had they been good anti-gun people and standing out there unarmed.
As far as the lady's trigger discipline, her face shows me that she is giving her 'final warning'.
I'm not going to say anything about women wielding pistols, but I'd be diving for cover!
shock.gif

Just stepping on the wrong small flower plant in the yard may be enough to get her "triggered".
Guess who else heard about this? Thugs.
I'm pretty sure their address has been taken off of the list of places to destroy.
nod.gif

Last edited:

viking

I know a lot of things, but master very few
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
The mayor needs to apologize to those who he or she represents, as far as I'm concerned, these thugs need to be considered terrorists and if the mayor is not doing the job, they need to be recalled immediately. Other than this, maybe all the good tax payers need to just leave and let the city go to hell, because with all the good people gone the tax base for paying the mayor will be gone as well, same with the police force. With all the bad stuff going on, it won't be long and property values will become a big fat minus.

rusty

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
The pair called the St. Louis Police Department shortly before 7:30 p.m. Sunday. They told arriving officers that they had heard a "commotion" and, upon investigating further, “observed a large group of subjects forcefully break an iron gate marked with ‘No Trespassing’ and ‘Private Street' signs.” according to an incident summary provided to Fox News by the department.

“Once through the gate, the victims advised the group that they were on a private street and trespassing and told them to leave,” the police summary further states. “The group began yelling obscenities and threats of harm to both victims. When the victims observed multiple subjects who were armed, they then armed themselves and contacted police.”

Ann

Friend
Neighbor
These mobs are more than local police can handle. The mayors and/or governors in the places where this is happening should be calling in the National Guard to protect their citizens. I'm sick and tired of them kowtowing to mobs and letting them destroy good citizens property and public property. I don't think the National Guard would have to kill too many before the rest went home to cry all over the Internet about how they were abused. This couple was very fortunate not to have been killed because they were seriously outnumbered especially if many of the mob were armed.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
These mobs are more than local police can handle. The mayors and/or governors in the places where this is happening should be calling in the National Guard to protect their citizens. I'm sick and tired of them kowtowing to mobs and letting them destroy good citizens property and public property. I don't think the National Guard would have to kill too many before the rest went home to cry all over the Internet about how they were abused. This couple was very fortunate not to have been killed because they were seriously outnumbered especially if many of the mob were armed.
I don't understand cops being armed and letting these nazis beat them down on the pavement. Hitting them with deadly weapons . They do have a right to protect their lives from those trying to kill them.

The Lazy L

Old Cowpoke
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I don't understand cops being armed and letting these nazis beat them down on the pavement. Hitting them with deadly weapons . They do have a right to protect their lives from those trying to kill them.
Because the Officers know that a Atlanta Officer did defend himself and is now on trial for murder.

Sparky_D

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
This couple was very fortunate not to have been killed because they were seriously outnumbered especially if many of the mob were armed.
The mob only gets its "courage" from intimidation.
If the couple were in fear of their life/safety and were forced to open fire, I almost guarantee the mob would dissipate rapidly. Once the isht gets real, the "courage" of the mob tends to disappear. You may have a few hot heads that will challenge the show of force, but at that point, a few well placed shots can alleviate that issue.

Grimm

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Apparently we had our own share of looters and rioters in town. They were Antifa because they posted on social media they would be coming into our town to riot and loot. The shop owners on the main street boarded up their shops and stood guard with guns for almost a week to protect their property. My neighbors took turns patrolling our neighborhood with guns in case the looters came our way to break in to the houses.

After the threat had passed it was interesting to find out that only the homes with Trump or 2A flags/signs and pro 2A businesses were targeted. So pretty much the whole town except the CBD cafes, vape shops and the wine bars. I told K this was going to happen and he rolled his eyes.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Because the Officers know that a Atlanta Officer did defend himself and is now on trial for murder.

That was a little different though, these thugs were not running away they continously kept beating on th cops laying on the pavement. Then again don't attakc a cop then run ,best don't attack a cop.

I do get what your saying but we have to blame the other cops for following those orders to lock up their conrads instead of the communist giving the illegal anti American orders.
IMO its one of those " fisrt they came " kind of thigns, now its your buddy getting persecuted but soon it will be you.

Supervisor42

Formerly known as Supervisor42
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
. This couple was very fortunate not to have been killed because they were seriously outnumbered especially if many of the mob were armed.
I don't think they were that outnumbered when you consider the 30 rounds in the mag dangling out of that guy's AR.
Love it, or hate it, that is exactly what the 2A was written for.
"The great equalizer".
You want equality?
There it is.:happyfourth:

Latest posts