Starting a Quilt for my bed finally

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Customers?! I didn't know it was a side business for you.
I have a quilt one of my great aunts made, had never finished. One of my mom's friends was able to get it finished. It's a wedding ring quilt.

Customers?! I didn't know it was a side business for you.
I have a quilt one of my great aunts made, had never finished. One of my mom's friends was able to get it finished. It's a wedding ring quilt.
I didn't start out doing quilting for customers.
I just quilted for family and friends.
Then friends started bringing me quilts to be repaired.
And it grew from there.
I enjoy repairing hand stitched quilts, some machine stitched quilts.
I have cut back on all quilting, sewing,painting, knitting,crocheting for a year.
Picked up two quilts at post office from old customer stationed in Germany yesterday.
She hadn't gotten the word I was having medical issues and was taking a year or so off.
I made her first baby quilt 45 years ago, and everyone since including 18 great grandchildren.
I take a picture of each and every quilt I touch whether I produce it or repair it.
Before and after pictures,got binders full of quilts from 1979 neatly on bookcase with family name on end in sewing room closet.
Not taking on any new customers, just old friends I was in the Army with.
Already put the word out to Military family members I was retiring due to health issues.
No more baby quilts,birth announcements,wedding announcements all hand stitched.

I did use Warm & Natural batting. Ive been learning that all batting is not the same. . . First quilt I did I must have lucked out cause it was easy to use. Just dont ask me which one it was cause I just bought the one that was one sale at Joanns at the time. Second one I got was also on sale but was horrible to quilt with. . . . just too fuzzy, so I ended up sewing a sheet to the back side, quilted it then put on my backing (this was before I was comfortable with quilting the front and back together).

Latest posts

Back