States With Worst Environment,Water and Air

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meerkat

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Fpriceonomics%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F11%2Fimage6-1200x1124.jpg

https://www.motherjones.com/

Looks like we have another problem to deal with here in America. I hope the youth wake up and react in a positive way instead of violence. I do see some of the leftest are wising up and leaving the plantations of the insane.
I must say I was surprised at some of the info here ,were y'all?

I live in Western PA. Our State rates so poorly as we're directly downwind of Ohio so we get a lot of their crap blowing overhead.

Our state isn't looking that good either but I also think if it is as bad as they say, most of us young and old would be dead by now and nobody would be living to be 100, but we still have those centurians in everyone of these states,so I take it as a watch thing more so than a warning.:dunno:

I wondered about that as well. I wonder if it is because of Fukishima?
My guess is that some environmentalist doesn't like the new oil drilling permits that President Trump gave out. Without any explanation it is hard to research if it is a bunch of bunk or valid. I am guessing the former.

Alaska, Nevada and Utah? Is it mining that gives Nevada and Utah such a bad rating? For North Dakota, it would be the oil fields. For some reason, they are special and leaks are rarely reported on the news. Knowing people who own land in the area of the oil fields, I do know that a farmer can discover a big oil leak going on in his sunflower, lentil, wheat or whatever field. What can he do about it? Sometimes the person who has the mineral rights is not the same person who owns the actual land. Mineral rights person gets paid big, farmer, not so much.

Please help me know if I have this right.
1. Rhode Island, Vermont and New Hampshire seem to have the best rating.
2. The next rung down includes Oregon, Wyoming, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, New Mexico, Michigan, New York (???), Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland.
3. Washington, Idaho, Montana, California, North Dakota, Colorado, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Virginia, South Carolina.
4. Missouri, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, North Carolina, Mississippi, Georgia, Florida
5. Arizona, Tennessee, Alabama
6. Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Texas, Louisiana
7. Nevada and Utah
8. Alaska

We need the rest of the data. We have no idea whether the test was done for tree pollen or soot from coal plants. All we have is a map with colors that might represent something of importance or may be the level of fog or dust. We simply have no idea.

We need the rest of the data. We have no idea whether the test was done for tree pollen or soot from coal plants. All we have is a map with colors that might represent something of importance or may be the level of fog or dust. We simply have no idea.
I agree. What criteria did they use to create this?

I remember when I first joined PS. One of my first posts was where is the safest place to live. Of course, people give answers that are not at all about safety. I was thinking about environmental concerns, which would be more than toxins. It would also include storm dangers (tornado, hurricane, blizzard), heat and cold, fire potential, water sources, availability of food and ability to raise food.

Things that I would take into account for toxins would be:
oil and gas wells
oil and gas processing plants
nuclear plants (muy importante!)
mines and mining
manufacturing
chemical spill potential (railway and other possibilities)
pollution

WOW

My guess is that some environmentalist doesn't like the new oil drilling permits that President Trump gave out. Without any explanation it is hard to research if it is a bunch of bunk or valid. I am guessing the former.

This is true too. Who knows what is true or false. I just thought it interesting subject. I do know fro a fact the West and East coast are being destroyed by toxic waters from lack of population control and huge farms and animal farms around fresh waters. Sewage,run offs and urban sprawl is killing Americas shorelines north to south.

Alaska, Nevada and Utah? Is it mining that gives Nevada and Utah such a bad rating? For North Dakota, it would be the oil fields. For some reason, they are special and leaks are rarely reported on the news. Knowing people who own land in the area of the oil fields, I do know that a farmer can discover a big oil leak going on in his sunflower, lentil, wheat or whatever field. What can he do about it? Sometimes the person who has the mineral rights is not the same person who owns the actual land. Mineral rights person gets paid big, farmer, not so much.

Please help me know if I have this right.
1. Rhode Island, Vermont and New Hampshire seem to have the best rating.
2. The next rung down includes Oregon, Wyoming, South Dakota, Nebraska, Kansas, New Mexico, Michigan, New York (???), Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, Delaware, and Maryland.
3. Washington, Idaho, Montana, California, North Dakota, Colorado, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Virginia, South Carolina.
4. Missouri, Pennsylvania, Kentucky, North Carolina, Mississippi, Georgia, Florida
5. Arizona, Tennessee, Alabama
6. Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Texas, Louisiana
7. Nevada and Utah
8. Alaska

Looks correct to me Weedy but they don't count the other hazards goign on like crowded cities and water problems if so Florida would be one of the worst along with Michigan ,etc,etc,etc,.

Latest posts

Back