Stay Home Stay Safe

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peanut

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I screen all my calls at home, a land line. I got a call this morning that was really strange. I was cleaning in the kitchen when the call came in. At first I thought it was a telemarketer but I could only hear bits and pieces but it caught my attention.

The message the robo caller machine left was "This is just a test call" "Time to stay home" "Stay safe and stay home." Then it ended.

I checked the phone number in my caller id... It was prefix correct for the city name. Telemarketers spoof the numbers and cities so I'm unsure exactly what this call was. Seems if were a government agency the name would have been in the caller id..

Anyway, just curious if anyone else has gotten this call?

I screen all my calls at home, a land line. I got a call this morning that was really strange. I was cleaning in the kitchen when the call came in. At first I thought it was a telemarketer but I could only hear bits and pieces but it caught my attention.

The message the robo caller machine left was "This is just a test call" "Time to stay home" "Stay safe and stay home." Then it ended.

I checked the phone number in my caller id... It was prefix correct for the city name. Telemarketers spoof the numbers and cities so I'm unsure exactly what this call was. Seems if were a government agency the name would have been in the caller id..

I heard a news report... maybe in CA that spoke of a large scale phone message about the KungFlu.

I was working at the time so take this with a grain of salt.

Ben

At first I thought it was a telemarketer but I could only hear bits and pieces but it caught my attention.

...I'm still on hold waiting for: "Important information for the vehicle owner".
It said don't hang up :rolleyes: :LOL:

I've replayed this message a half dozen times or so... It's just bizarre! There is no intro or any thing but the words I typed above. There are short pauses between each phrase. Then it just ends.

It has to be the craziest robo message I've ever gotten.

But your car warranty is going to expire!
You mean the warranty on mine that is 17 years old with 193,000 miles on it? Oh, shirley not!
emo12.gif

Latest posts

Back