Staying up way to late with some music.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What amazes me is how there has never been anything close to what Pink Floyd was. Their style is so unique no one has been able to imitate it, although many have tried.

Creativity. Thinking outside the box. Bands like PF, ELP, Yes, King Crimson, etc, etc; they used their imagination when they created their own unique sound. That concept has been lost by most artists. Now it's 3.5 minute, 3 chord songs, that fit into a radio station's format. :(

Everlast is kind of one of those bands you either like or don't. I grew up in the 60's and 70's and I love all kinds of music everything from Hank Williams to Disturbed.......lol ..........I also like Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin........and many of the bands that have now become "classics" but there is also some really good bands today that don't get mainstream air play.................I listen to country/classic country/classic rock/adult contemporary/Christian rock. I pretty much like it all depending on my mood.

Sad to say, I don't listen to music at all. I cannot understand the lyrics. Hearing is gone and bands don't have sub-tittles. :cry:

I cannot understand lyrics either for the same reason: profoundly hard of hearing! I crank it loud and FEEL it good, though. My poor hearing aids usually die of exhaustion, lol. Now and then, I get curious and Google the lyrics.

Wow, Venom Jockey, thank you! I enjoyed those amazing videos very much. Also, Savoy Brown took me straight down memory lane...nice!

Grizzleyette: The Alan Parson's Project is probably the closest you will come to Pink Floyd.

And something different you may enjoy.....

Love Savoy Brown. All of them. Specially "Hellbound Train", the 30 minute version!
I even liked it when part of them went on to form another of my favorites, Fog Hat.

Latest posts

Back