Staying up way to late with some music.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Meerkat I’m a Joe Cocker fan also… Some may disagree but I think no one ever sang “Whiter Shade of Pale” better than Joe….

Also, my favorite rendition of “Will the Circle be Unbroken” is the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band 3 album set…

I was lucky enough to preform with 3 of the people who played on the NGDB album. I was also lucky enough to get to sit and pick with a half dozen more…

Can you hear June doing the harmony in the first verse? And Rory Acuff singing the first chorus? I picked with Ricky S. when we were teenagers!

Vassar Clements be damned… Mark O’Conner was the best fiddle player the 20th century ever produced. But… Vassar was pretty good, Better than all the rest! These two set fiddle playing to standard not reached in the 40 years since.

I love a cappella music or added with a few acoustic instruments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1wZVVMKojw

This is just one example of the work of Gillian Welch… The 3 women… Emmylou Harris, Gillian Welch and Alison Krauss… Heaven through song…

Gillian is an incredible alto, most folks don’t recognize it but Gillian was the star of this song… IMHO.

@Meerkat I’m a Joe Cocker fan also… Some may disagree but I think no one ever sang “Whiter Shade of Pale” better than Joe….

Also, my favorite rendition of “Will the Circle be Unbroken” is the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band 3 album set…

I was lucky enough to preform with 3 of the people who played on the NGDB album. I was also lucky enough to get to sit and pick with a half dozen more…

Can you hear June doing the harmony in the first verse? And Rory Acuff singing the first chorus? I picked with Ricky S. when we were teenagers!

Vassar Clements be damned… Mark O’Conner was the best fiddle player the 20th century ever produced. But… Vassar was pretty good, Better than all the rest! These two set fiddle playing to standard not reached in the 40 years since.

I love a cappella music or added with a few acoustic instruments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1wZVVMKojw

This is just one example of the work of Gillian Welch… The 3 women… Emmylou Harris, Gillian Welch and Alison Krauss… Heaven through song…

Gillian is an incredible alto, most folks don’t recognize it but Gillian was the star of this song… IMHO.

Always liked Joe Cocker and the Alman Brothers too, Dwayne Alman was a great blues singer.
This one you put up sounds good too, all great performers.
Thanks for the music. I almost got up and cut a rug.

Pretty good video considering it was filmed in 1973. I saw them at the Georgia Jam a few later, great concert, Alman Brothers, ZZ Tops,Marshal Tucker, and one more can't remember.
Didn't know they played at Grand Ol Opry either.

So nobody wants to have an imaginary party? :confused:
Take a trip without leaving the farm or get intoxicated without taking a drink? ;):)

Check out these square's. They should have stuck with jitter bugging at least they smiled. I wanted a poodle skirt like some are wearing here, but by the time I was old enough to do one justice they were out of style.

Last edited:
Ok so I didn't send y'all over a drink.

Anyway, I like this song and think Chestnut in this video is cute and funny.

No videos to share, but last night wife and were treated for her 13th anniversary working for her boss (shes a nanny). The boss took us out for dinner and a concert along with 4 kids. Wife and I had 6th row seats for Journey and Def Leppard. 3 full hours of good loud rock and roll. Bosses son(14yo) had an awesome time. The concert was his idea and insisted my wife go along.
Down side to this, I got in bed about 1 and back up at 5 to go to work. I've been dragging all day. LOL

No videos to share, but last night wife and were treated for her 13th anniversary working for her boss (shes a nanny). The boss took us out for dinner and a concert along with 4 kids. Wife and I had 6th row seats for Journey and Def Leppard. 3 full hours of good loud rock and roll. Bosses son(14yo) had an awesome time. The concert was his idea and insisted my wife go along.
Down side to this, I got in bed about 1 and back up at 5 to go to work. I've been dragging all day. LOL

A late happy anniverasry BackP. Here is a song from Journey for you and the wife.

Latest posts

Back