Steak poppers.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magus

The Shaman of suburbia.
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Kind of involved, so worth it!
Take a cheap roast and tenderize it with your mallet.
Rub in a 50/50 mix of red pepper and curry, lightly salt
Flash sear each side 1 minute in garlic butter.
Cut into 1"x1" cubes insert wooden tooth picks
Mix up enough pancake mix to dip them in, mix it somewhat thick so you can stand your spoon up in it.
coat each cube completely and deep fry until golden brown, serve with your favorite steak sauce, also makes a nice kabob.

Bacon bombs:
Keep your pancake dip handy.
Limp fry some bacon, lightly dust with black pepper and wrap around a 1" chunk of a pork hot dog, skewer dip and deep fry.

Hot links.
4+LARGE Jalapeno peppers, de seeded.
4 lil smokey finger sausages.
a slice of cheddar cheese.
Cram the lil smokey and the cheddar into the pepper, skewer it, dip it deep fry it.

Serve all of the above with cheesey pepper cheese dip.

That ought to keep the weekend football/ pro wrestling crowd out of your kitchen!

It ain't health food, but it sounds delicious, lol... ;)

If I were drunk, I'd power down ALL that stuff... probably back off once I felt my arteries hardening. :oops:

I'm a fool for poppers too, I love those things... anything with hot peppers, really. :p

I'm waiting for someone to perfect bacon-wrapped bacon, using those odd ends & pieces, lol... health food, baby!!! :)

While you wait...
1 zucchini
1 onion
1 jalapeno pepper
1red bell pepper
1 mushroom
1 green tomato
1 ripe tomato
1 thin breakfast steak
1 pork chop
1 chicken breast
strip bacon
Step one, slice the veggies into 1/4" chunks and brine them a few minutes in salty ice water with a bit of lime/lemon juice.
Step two, slice all the meats but the bacon into 1"X 1/4" chunks, spread evenly in a pan with 2 tablespoons of butter, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, the juice of half a lime and just enough Busch beer or other rot gut brew to almost cover the meat and bring to a very low simmer for ten minutes and let cool.
then, using skewers and rubber gloves, BRING ON THE BACON BABY!
On the skewer, pin it like this:
About 1" down on the strip of bacon, skewer it, put on a veggie chunk at random, or not so random, fold the bacon over the veggie and move the skewer along, add a chunk of random meat, fold over the bacon, move along until your skewer is as full as you like and either bake, deep fry or grill at an even heat until the bacon is crispy.

Latest posts

Back