STEWBUMS!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msharley

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
Hey TF,

Anyone know which REHAB CLINIC that FOMOCO & GMC pick up their STEWBUMS...(oops, meant to say "engineers") from?

Got to be real stoned to design cars what the fan belt is wrapped around the blame motor mount.

Need be hammered out their fool skulls, "design" cars.....what the spark plugs blow out the cylinder haids.

Seat belts designed by the "Boston Strangler"..

Heater core replacement on a Chevy. Take the hood off. Take right front fender off. Take right front inner fender off. Take front seats out. "Drop" steering column. Remove dash. Now, can get to blame heater core.

Blame fools had to eat two fistfuls of MICRO DOT to get that high..

Later, Mark

(actually, insulting STEWBUMS, comparing them to FOMOCO & GM DESIGN "TEAMS" !

Mark, I stopped working on my car back in the 70's & 80's. I got tired of taking half the car apart just to get to the plugs and whatnot!

I'm convinced, that this was by design, as they wanted you to take your car back to a dealer or mechanic, which I finally did!

I gave up and they beat me, as I would not dare work on my car nowadays!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Dutch,

Yep. All part of the "plan".....

The Red Head (Loving Bride) has an '07 Chevy.

To replace fan belt.......remove "air box" (about 13 dozen "probes/sensors/gee gaws" need to be unplugged....label them...LOL) Get a jack under the motor. Remove Motor Mount. Now you can get to the fan belt..

Stew bums!

Have no idea on how to change three of the spark plugs?? Lift body off car?

"They all" had to put "confusers/computers" in cars..........cause "they all" sell such crap fer gas......fool car won't run with out a blame "confuser" to handle "knock"

Wait til I tell ya about the $400.00 tail light lens! (shucks, I've bought whole cars..........for less than $400!!) LOL

Later, Mark

As a mechanical engineer I see things encompassing design for manufacture (DFM) and design for assembly (DFA) everywhere. Very few things encompass design for serviceability / maintainability. Automotive engineers are the worst.

One time I brought a design engineer into the field with me setting up a new forced draft fan at a power plant. We needed to set the inlet cone axially just right with fan rotor and radially with uniform clearance, so we get nice laminar flow into the fan. I told him "Okay, we gotta climb in the inlet duct work for access to the inlet cone, let's go through the nice access door your designed" The door was 12" x 12" He kinda just stands there ..."Well, Mr. design engineers are so much better than field engineers, you designed it, how do we get in there?" We had to get a crane, lift off the outer duct work panel, set the inlet cone and reassemble the duct work. A simple man-accessible access door would have saved a day and about $15k. The next designs had bigger doors

As a mechanical engineer I see things encompassing design for manufacture (DFM) and design for assembly (DFA) everywhere. Very few things encompass design for serviceability / maintainability. Automotive engineers are the worst.

One time I brought a design engineer into the field with me setting up a new forced draft fan at a power plant. We needed to set the inlet cone axially just right with fan rotor and radially with uniform clearance, so we get nice laminar flow into the fan. I told him "Okay, we gotta climb in the inlet duct work for access to the inlet cone, let's go through the nice access door your designed" The door was 12" x 12" He kinda just stands there ..."Well, Mr. design engineers are so much better than field engineers, you designed it, how do we get in there?" We had to get a crane, lift off the outer duct work panel, set the inlet cone and reassemble the duct work. A simple man-accessible access door would have saved a day and about $15k. The next designs had bigger doors

Hey Matt,

In the early '00's, we put SCR's on local coal burner (two 850's).

This required new ID Fans. Which came form Europe. (Forget the horsepower rating..........lots!)

Electrician buddy of mine made mention to the "Electrical Engineer" that the Europeans use a different "color code" on the motor wiring...than do domestic models.

They haggled back and forth for a couple of weeks. Wired them up the way the "Electrical Engineer" had "decreed correct" (my buddy got it in writing)....

Man.........them big electric motors sure do shoot out the SPARKS!! Lots of smoke..........and stunk! LOL

Not only do the Europeans have a different "color code".........they operate on a different phase. (50 cycles??) LOL

Later, Mark

Have no idea on how to change three of the spark plugs?? Lift body off car?
Sometimes you just have to RTB (read the book):rolleyes:
I had an '88 grand prix with transverse V6. Back sparkplugs were slam against the firewall. No access from upper or lower side.
Book- unbolt the front end of the two engine torque struts and notice the second bolt hole in the struts:
s-l1600.jpg

Put wood blocks behind back tires and have someone gradually try to back over the blocks.
Engine rotates forward and you put one of the bolts in the second hole in the strut.
Plenty of room now!:woo hoo:

Latest posts

Back