Stopping in to say hi

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason our sales tax is so high is the high volume of tourist that come to the mountains and spend their money. Let others make up the difference from having zero income tax, and the only thing for property tax is you house and land. If your land is in the country property taxes are typically pretty low. Larger cities, not so much
It is a trade off.

Sheesh. I'm in Louisiana and we have income tax AND 10.45% sales tax (it was 11% but it went down slightly). They even tax prescription medicines here (6% tax on them).
I have a friend who just moved back to Tennessee. She's a nurse. I forget what town she's in though.

We where thinking around Knoxville area. We haven’t sold our plan on moving soon as we need to list this house and find property up north to settle on. And still trying to figure out if we want to start out with a tiny house or build a full on Metal house/barn

We where thinking around Knoxville area. We haven’t sold our plan on moving soon as we need to list this house and find property up north to settle on. And still trying to figure out if we want to start out with a tiny house or build a full on Metal house/barn

Funny you mention that...the pole barn houses are really popular in this area.
I love the way they look .

Jim

My Dream house is a big barn. with the second floor being my home
first floor a barn, and my shop

Latest posts

Back