Storing tea bags for long term

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grimm

Morbidly Inclined
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I prefer to mix my own teas for health but sometimes what I put together is not what the girls will drink. For this reason I keep some various boxes of Traditional Medicinals teas on hand. I grew up drinking these so I know them and trust them. But I want to know how I can store my collection of these teas for long term.

I prefer to mix my own teas for health but sometimes what I put together is not what the girls will drink. For this reason I keep some various boxes of Traditional Medicinals teas on hand. I grew up drinking these so I know them and trust them. But I want to know how I can store my collection of these teas for long term.
I'm wondering if you are talking about tea bags or loose tea. I like to purchase herbal teas in tea bags.
I keep some of mine in jars, once I've opened the box. Things like this I take the original box label, cut it out and attach it to the jar.

I'm wondering if you are talking about tea bags or loose tea. I like to purchase herbal teas in tea bags.
I keep some of mine in jars, once I've opened the box. Things like this I take the original box label, cut it out and attach it to the jar.
Tea bags. I mix my own loose tea and store those in amber jars but the girls drink the bagged kind.

Lol. That reminds me. I opened an old mess kit that I had when I was a kid and found inside tea bags. I boiled some water and steeped a single bag and made a cup of hot tea. This was in the evening. I stayed up all night. Lots of caffeine. These tea bags we around 25 years old at the time.

At present I store them in ammo cans although I should put them in Mylar also.

I vacuum seal such items in jars, using my jar attachment with my food saver. But you can also use mylar and go that route but it's not going to give much more time that a jar.

For instance, I buy cinnamon bark by the pound. I seal it into several 1/2 pint jars. I open one jar at the time as needed leaving the others undisturbed.

Ceylon cinnamon sm.JPG

I vacuum seal such items in jars, using my jar attachment with my food saver. But you can also use mylar and go that route but it's not going to give much more time that a jar.

For instance, I buy cinnamon bark by the pound. I seal it into several 1/2 pint jars. I open one jar at the time as needed leaving the others undisturbed.

View attachment 74223

I always forget that I have the vacuum sealer jar attachments! Thanks for the reminder.

Latest posts

Back