Straight rye whiskey with lemon & honey

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DW says this is good for a cold.
Has anyone used this remedy?
You finally getting to dance with omicron?
Better save a sample, it is going extinct.gaah

On topic: DW, who never drank, used it for years. It doesn't have to be made with rye whiskey either, any whiskey will work.
It made the whining noise in my ears stop every time. :thumbs::p

The honey will have some medicinal value. The Rye will taste good, and might help you sleep, but alcohol is really not recommended. It will dehydrate you at a time when you want to increase your fluid intake.

That said it wouldn't stop me. I would drink it even if I didn't have a cold.

Any of you guys that were military can understand this
I was in Basic and was sick as a dawg. I was ordered to the hospital after I fell out in formation. high fever and the Crud was the diagnoses
I was admitted to the hospital. If you are gone more than 3 days from your Flight. You get ''Set Back'' to another flight .,OH HELL NO!!
I crawled under 2 wool army blankets with 2 bottles of GI GIN [cough syrup/opiod] and refused to come out. On the morning of the 3rd day I popped up like a pop tart and went back to my flight.

Nah guys, its two red chili peppers boiled in a cup of water, 2 lemons juice, a heaping spoonful of natural honey to kill a cold.
Swap the peppers with bourbon AFTER its already got you.

Rye whiskey is for rich guys. :p

hold the lemon and honey

just kidding

When I had covid I did a nightly tincture of
chamomile tea
lemon grass
honey
100 proof rye whiskey

and on the regular i like a glass of rye whiskey.

Nah guys, its two red chili peppers boiled in a cup of water, 2 lemons juice, a heaping spoonful of natural honey to kill a cold.
Swap the peppers with bourbon AFTER its already got you.

Rye whiskey is for rich guys. :p
Not rich, just did not know better, DW said buy the Rye, it was cheaper to listen to her, than fight about it.
Old Proverb: If you must sleep with a tiger, make sure it is well feed.
I fell out of bed this morning, while dreaming I was working with a man who I have not seen in twenty years.
Not sure if it is a sign or old age.

Back