"SUGAR FREE".......Is that better than Sugar "ADDED"....???

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sourdough

"Eleutheromaniac"
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
In a cabin, on a mountain, in "Wilderness" Alaska.
So, I am going to order 80 years supply of "Jell-O". Why is sugar free better.....??? IF not sugar what is the sweetener they likely added.......??? Why do somethings say, "No sugar added"...??? But the add two quarts of corn syrup.

id rather have sugar instead of chemical substitutes or corn syrup. sugar free isnt alwasy whats its cracked up to be. look at the ingredient used and check it out. looks like sugar free jello uses arparteme in it. aka nutrasweet and equal. id not offer that to my worst enemy. i dont care the fda approved it. theyd approve a tonic made of puppy blood theyll swear cures cancer if someone gave them enough money.

Dozens of studies have linked aspartame — the world’s most widely used artificial sweetener — to serious health problems, including cancer, cardiovascular disease, Alzheimer’s disease, seizures, stroke and dementia, as well as negative effects such as intestinal dysbiosis, mood disorders, headaches and migraines.

https://usrtk.org/sweeteners/aspartame_health_risks/

I am not a huge fan of any of the sugar substitutes, but this is from a taste perspective. I simply haven't done any research into what the shelf life is for jello with or without sugar, or the negative health impact of the various substitutes. This is an interesting discussion as I have never contemplated having jello as a prep. I would imagine a nice serving of jello when you are six years into the zombie apocalypse would be a welcome change of pace for what may typically be on the menu in such a situation.

Sorry that my ramblings probably weren't very helpful.

I simply haven't done any research into what the shelf life is for jello with or without sugar, or the negative health impact of the various substitutes. This is an interesting discussion as I have never contemplated having jello as a prep.

You did a better job than myself, at outlining the information this thread thirsts for.

Some of these medical procedures, have annoying diet options for many hours pre-procedure. I figured out that by reducing the Hot and Cold water, I could make chewy Jell-o.

i found a brand of stevia powder that i liked. different brands can have a slightly differet taste. i buy the powder and make liquid drops. i like the Bulk Supplement brand, no aftertaste like some others have.

i dont use sugar unless holiday baking and the older i get the less of that i bother to do, lol

i like honey iof its local, some cheaper brands of homey is from china and a bit adulterated, always check the honey source.

i store white sugar for a couple reasons, but mostly for the hummingbirds. i get alot. they are my favorite entertainment in the summer sitting on my porch. they get pissed and cuss at me when im late filling one of their 3 feeders. these buggers go thru 25lb of sugar Every year

Latest posts

Back