Supply shortages

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is Irish whiskey the same as Irish cream or is it the whiskey used to make Irish cream? (Sorry if that’s an ignorant question). I make homemade Irish cream. We call it milking the Blarney cow.

Irish Cream is a liqueur made from Irish Whiskey, cream, and a few other ingredients. Bailey's Irish Cream is probably the most popular. Most liqueurs are considerably milder. Irish Cream would be in the 15-20% alcohol by volume range (30 or 40 proof would be on the label), Irish Whiskey would be in the 40-45% alcohol by volume range ( 80-90 proof). My wife makes her own "Irish Cream" although she uses American bourbon instead of Irish Whiskey. She always makes it around the holidays, and I have never heard any complaints. I can post the recipe if you like. I believe the main ingredients are bourbon, cocoa, and sweetened condensed milk.

Irish Cream is a liqueur made from Irish Whiskey, cream, and a few other ingredients. Bailey's Irish Cream is probably the most popular. Most liqueurs are considerably milder. Irish Cream would be in the 15-20% alcohol by volume range (30 or 40 proof would be on the label), Irish Whiskey would be in the 40-45% alcohol by volume range ( 80-90 proof). My wife makes her own "Irish Cream" although she uses American bourbon instead of Irish Whiskey. She always makes it around the holidays, and I have never heard any complaints. I can post the recipe if you like. I believe the main ingredients are bourbon, cocoa, and sweetened condensed milk.
I have a good recipe from a dear friend I use. I was just curious as to the clarification.

It's all our fault. :(
I killed off half a block of Philadelphia Cream Cheese just last night scooping it with Ritz Toasted Chips.
Since I don't shop at the "lowest price" place, they always have plenty.👍
I was thinking about @UrbanHunter today and picked up more Philadelphia Cream Cheese, just for solidarity.
They had plenty. Not a lot of bagel-eating yuppies down here. :rolleyes:
However, they have been completely out of Fritos for over 2 weeks now. Weird.:huh:
I think they switched all the machines over to make Funyuns after the nationwide outrage sparked by a member here😉.:p
...I also went to WM and the shelves are overflowing with funyons! LOL! Now, I don't want them. Ha ha.

Last edited:
I was thinking about @UrbanHunter today and picked up more Philadelphia Cream Cheese, just for solidarity.
They had plenty. Not a lot of bagel-eating yuppies down here. :rolleyes:
However, they have been completely out of Fritos for over 2 weeks now. Weird.:huh:
I think they switched all the machines over to make Funyuns after the nationwide outrage sparked by a member here😉.:p
I bought Philadelphia Cream Cheese today too because of UrbanHunter. 🤣There was plenty of the store brand but only one Philadelphia Cream Cheese left after my purchase.

homemade bailys irish cream.......mmmmmmm.

My wife just made a batch this week, which she is taking to a Christmas Cookie Party with our old neighbors. This will be the 50th consecutive year they have had this party. Can you believe that? :clapping: The downside is my wife used a measurable amount of my stock of Jameson Irish Whiskey. I told her she has to get me another bottle for Christmas.

My wife just made a batch this week, which she is taking to a Christmas Cookie Party with our old neighbors. This will be the 50th consecutive year they have had this party. Can you believe that? :clapping: The downside is my wife used a measurable amount of my stock of Jameson Irish Whiskey. I told her she has to get me another bottle for Christmas.
Tell her to get two, may be hard to get!

I bought Philadelphia Cream Cheese today too because of UrbanHunter. 🤣There was plenty of the store brand but only one Philadelphia Cream Cheese left after my purchase.
Well, it is officially 'real' now!
The bagel-chomping yuppies are panicking!
panic.gif

that is a great story! rthey deserve some homemade bailys! i make a large batch every christmas season and give to friends. everyone loves it. lol. and yup, alwasy Alwasy get a 2nd bottle of whiskey.

I got dragged back to the store today.:mad:
Shoulda got a pic of the 3 rows of boxes of Philly cream cheese that stretched all the way to the back of the cooler. :rolleyes:
I did however score a bag of the highly-coveted Frito Scoops!:woo hoo: (they only had 3 :oops:).
I didn't buy all of them because I'm such a "nice guy";).

Last edited:
Y'all are welcome. No point going without.
Well, don't tell the New Yorkers!
Next thing you know, there won't be any cream either. :mad:

That's ok, you don't need cream. Just whole milk.
As health-conscious as they are, I would be surprised if they had anything besides skim or 1% :rolleyes:.

I tried Irish Cream flavored coffee & did not like it. A friend said " use real Bailey's Irish Cream & you WILL like it."

I tried Irish Cream flavored coffee & did not like it. A friend said " use real Bailey's Irish Cream & you WILL like it."

I think I would agree with your friend. I don't care for flavored coffees either, but Baileys isn't flavored coffee. It's more like a milkshake with a kick. Usually served at room temperature, although it can be served cold. Try putting some Bailey's in your coffee and see what you think.

Latest posts

Back