Survival or Eotwawki Movies

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAC

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
I recently watched a good movie that was made in Japan called Survival Family. I had to hunt to find it with english subtitles but did after some hunting. This movie is about a power failure in Japan and it follows one normal small family as they slowly realize along with their community that they can not stay in the city as supplies begin to be used up. If you download movies this one can be found online in the torrent lists.

trailer (with subs)

Last edited:
This is the End. 2013 Comedy about a group of actors and comedians who end up in James Franco's house when the Apocalypse happens.

trailer

Last edited:
This is the End. 2013 Comedy about a group of actors and comedians who end up in James Franco's house when the Apocalypse happens.

trailer

Is that the one where they got robbed by Emma Watson? "Hermione just stole our water!"

Yep, that's the one.

Thanks for digging these up. Some I haven't heard of or seen. The Day After (Jason Robards?), scary for the times. The Japanese movie, was it a comedy?

The Japanese movie... yes it was sort of a comedy in a realistic way I guess. It was realistic in the way the teenage girl was devastated by the loss of her cell phone use and the realization that things had to be done physically like the wife realization that she needed to buy candles after walking downstairs 10 floors to carry out trash then to also realize that she left her purse upstairs. There is a lot of comedy in it but also some realistic issues that they learn as they go along. I was surprised at how little crime there seemed to be in Japan as this situation in any major city in America would quickly descend into violence that never really seemed to materialize there.

The Japanese movie... yes it was sort of a comedy in a realistic way I guess. It was realistic in the way the teenage girl was devastated by the loss of her cell phone use and the realization that things had to be done physically like the wife realization that she needed to buy candles after walking downstairs 10 floors to carry out trash then to also realize that she left her purse upstairs. There is a lot of comedy in it but also some realistic issues that they learn as they go along. I was surprised at how little crime there seemed to be in Japan as this situation in any major city in America would quickly descend into violence that never really seemed to materialize there.

When my husband went to Japan to visit his brother he had a kid chase him down to return $20 that he had dropped.

Back