Survivalist Guide for your library...get the books (you may not have an Internet in a meltdown).

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a pretty short list in the link. There's so much more you'll probably want.

I just looked at my hard copy manuals. There's about 2500 pages in 3-ring binders of manuals I've printed as well as a bookcase full of purchased books.

Besides the hard copies, I also keep digital format but think when the need arises hard copy may be the go-to format.

Manuals/subjects not listed in the link but you should consider:
1. Fire - everything from making fire to fighting fires, fire safety, making coal...
2. Food - cultivating, dehydrating, baby food, food-borne illness, pantry pests, rendering animal fat...
3. General - There's about 100 things to include here about everything from weather to dealing with people.
4. Medical - everything from first aid to management and safe burial of dead bodies.
5. Military - get every military manual you can get your hands on.
6. Water - everything from getting water through disinfecting to storage and heating.
7. Weapons - have the operations, disassembly/re-assembly and repair manuals for every firearm you own.

That's a pretty short list in the link. There's so much more you'll probably want.

I just looked at my hard copy manuals. There's about 2500 pages in 3-ring binders of manuals I've printed as well as a bookcase full of purchased books.

Besides the hard copies, I also keep digital format but think when the need arises hard copy may be the go-to format.

Manuals/subjects not listed in the link but you should consider:
1. Fire - everything from making fire to fighting fires, fire safety, making coal...
2. Food - cultivating, dehydrating, baby food, food-borne illness, pantry pests, rendering animal fat...
3. General - There's about 100 things to include here about everything from weather to dealing with people.
4. Medical - everything from first aid to management and safe burial of dead bodies.
5. Military - get every military manual you can get your hands on.
6. Water - everything from getting water through disinfecting to storage and heating.
7. Weapons - have the operations, disassembly/re-assembly and repair manuals for every firearm you own.

archive.org has a wealth of books...search for "survivalist books"

Okay, Angie has asked for folks to write articles. Here is a great chance to help your fellow forum members. You have reference material, so why not write a review on some of the material. Your - pro and con about the material. What was missing or out of date, what you felt was beneficial, what helped or surprised you the most. You do not have to be an EXPERT on the subject matter, in fact, I prefer a layman's point of view. Experts won't need the material, us Laymen will need the material. VJ posted a link to plants and Peanut was kind enough and caring enough to offer his review and opinion. VJ and the rest of us was certainly very appreciative of the review. You do not need to be a literary major to write some reviews. If I can write an article (and I did) you and everybody else can write one. I just barely passed all my English and writing courses. Thank the almighty for spell and grammar checkers. Now is the time for all good men (and Ladies) to come to the defense of your forum. Took a few liberties with that one. Jump in and post away.

Besides hard copies of books, I think I mentioned previously I have well over 6000 in epub, mobi, and pdf stored on sd cards with dvd backup.
I also have a reader in a faraday cage put up, along with a solar charger.

I use pirate/library box to broadcast in a limited area when I am out and about..sometimes the library, or the skate park, or anywhere a lot of people are looking for a wifi connection. :) They find mine, and it brings up an internal webpage where they can download from me..survival books, or post apoc fiction...
It fits in my pocket, and no one knows who is sharing the info..if i choose to add a sim card, I can share net as well.

If you want to share in your community, look here for DIY

https://piratebox.cc
or
http://librarybox.us

Or you can buy one already completed

Latest posts

Back