Survivalist Radio Guide...free printout

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have a Ham Radio either but I do have scanners and radios that will likely pick up some of these signals. Even though I can't transmit, I can listen in.

I have radios that I haven't played with, even though I know I really should, so I know what their capabilities are. It doesn't hurt to have the information even if you can't use it b/c you never know who can.

I don't have a Ham Radio either but I do have scanners and radios that will likely pick up some of these signals. Even though I can't transmit, I can listen in.

I have radios that I haven't played with, even though I know I really should, so I know what their capabilities are. It doesn't hurt to have the information even if you can't use it b/c you never know who can.

I'm up and down on here today, so I thought I got on ham radio thread. Now I see it is not just ham radio.
We have a couple radios one from Radio Shack with weather, band, flash light and a hand crank . We wanted CC Crane Radio but never did get one. Also a transitor radio is good to have too.

I need to see if Dollar Store still sales transistor radios. In 2004 I bought 7 for $6 each. Played for days on battery and worked ok out here in the woods. Bought the 6 grandkids visiting for summer one each " now fight over that". It worked.
They were very surprised no TV already or phones allowed. No TV no fighting over what to watch. We did rent movies and took them all on beach trips, fishing in the rivers and roller skating and lots of work clearing land.
I doubt they still have those radios.

Back