T-shirt colors.

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INresponse

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
I am curious what might be your 3 favorite colors for T-shirts if you were out and about in tourist trap type stores? I know Harley Davidson dealers will mostly have black, that is a given, but I am thinking if you were on vacation and saw a cool shirt with a name and print for that location. My favorites are sport grey, medium or royal blue, and black, but I do have a variety of medium greys and if it is something outdoors related either a natural type medium brown of a medium soft green or camo.

I know I listed more than 3, but if you each can give me your top 3 colors you would prefer for a T-shirt you might buy now, in 2023, I would appreciate the insite. If you don't wear T-shirts, what color shirt of your style would you prefer.

Just for instance, this is the latest print I am working on, the color of the print doesn't have to be black, that is just the easiest color to work with in my software program. For this print I am thinking heather grey, medium grey, heather green, or a soft pink with the black print. I live in the high desert and black shirts are very hot in the sun when it is already very hot outside.
1688335541969.png

Thank you.
Michael

I go back with black a lot because I have eat like a toddler. Let's face it finding a spaghetti colored shirt is a challenge.
Next is a grey blue.
Rust orange 🧡 is nice for an event type shirt.

Last edited:
I go back with black a lot because I have eat like a toddler. Let's face it finding a spaghetti colored shirt is a challenge.
Next is a grey blue.
Rust orange 🧡 is nice for an hour event type shirt.
You have a toddler AND you eat like a toddler? 🤪
@INresponse Aqua blue or turquoise, black, a little darker gray. I also like very light brown or darker taupe. It is nearly skin color and when the right art is on it makes it look like you are not wearing a shirt, but have tattoos. 🤣 Might be good for a tattoo parlor to have such shirts.

I wear a printed t-shirt every day (unless there is a funeral) :rolleyes:.
90% of the time, it is a printed white one that comes from anywhere all over the planet.
I do that for 2 important reasons:
A. They can wash with my sox&jox and there is no danger of ending up with pink underwear:oops: (which could get you shot down here).
B. In case of a random spaghetti attack, they can be bleached, no problem:thumbs:.
5% of the time it is medium blue, they can wash with my jeans.
4% of the time it is light grey, because they got nothing to bleed.
Nobody wears black down here because you will fry 'extra-crispy' in no time. gaah

I have a lot of black T-shirts with logos or whatever on em, they look good and go with jeans, shorts, etc. One of the coolest T-shirts I ever had was purple in color, and it featured a piece of climbing hardware on it, a Chouinard 'Hexcentric' Climbing Chock with sling attached... that shirt received many compliments from outdoor types when I was in my 20s. Sometimes folks would stop and ask me what the gear was, lol. Now that I'm livin' in Redneck Land, folks offer compliments upon ANY of my 2A shirts, regardless of color, lol. White as a base color isn't bad in a hot climate, but it stains easily, though as Supe said it can be bleached. 😒

Thank you all. I place an order, Heather Grey, dark Heather grey, Orange Spice (kind of a dull dirty Orange color, a medium-ish dull Sport Green.
I have plenty of black and dark blue and some white and other colors on the shelf. I just wanted another variety of colors. I will be prepped for heat transfers so I can offer whatever print on whatever color or size shirt the customer desires. Plus I have a variety of shirt designs already made for my local area.
I appreciate any and all suggestions. Even if you think your preferred color is weird let me know. If enough people like the color I may add it to my inventory.

Well, I ordered heather grey, dark heather grey, spice orange, and heather dark green T-shirts to supplement the large variety of shirts I already have on the shelf. I will see how these sell and I will consider other colors you all recommended for the next order. "Heather" is a softer, faded shade of T-shirt that sort of resembles an older shirt that has been washed many times. The colors I chose for this order are (hopefully) more common for the desert southwest and will work will with the black print I have for these shirts. I will also use my vinyl cutter to make a few easy designs in various colors to provide a few other options for potential customers.
Now i just need to get my toyhauler trailer in the garage to prep it for work next Saturday. I will probably drain the old gas out of the tank and use new gas to get the generator running to power the heat press, and the A/C so I can sit in comfort in our hot desert climate.

Red, Navy Blue, and Gray seem to be my first choices, but I have several Black, and a few Purple as well.

I hope you sell all of them. :thumbs:

Latest posts

Back