Tattoos

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny thing. around here is if you donate to the local police charity, you get a color coded sticker showing how much. Green was ten, blue was twenty, red was fifty, gold was 100. I had a friend that ended up with a stack of the gold ones somehow, probably leftovers from the last charity drive since he was a cop. He said: Put these on your car, you won't be stopped by anybody but maybe state. Well my work car was a 1973 Omega, Krylon paint job, seats in the floor, no seat belts, uncapped heads, no muffler, stripped to air by the former owner as a drug mule car.(It came from the Atlanta police auction.) When I fired that thing up, car alarms went off nearby! Drunks started repenting, thinking Armageddon had come, Children freaked out and small dogs would collapse in their tracks!
It was a mobile violation of safety! I drove the black bomb five years without so much as a howdy from the cops, the week I traded in for a Caprice Classic I got pulled for a tail light and loud muffler.
(little hole in the pipe. a soup can and bailing wire fixed it.) BUT I had NO sticker on it YET! After I slapped a sticker on it, we were all good again.
Donate to your local cops, its better than insurance!

There's been a huge change in perspectives on tattoos here - nearly everyone has one, regardless of job- from waitresses to CEO's -mainly discreetly tucked away. They are so bloody expensive only people working can afford one! From an employment law perspective, as far as I know you can't ask someone to cover them up, its discrimination. I have a small one of coordinates, only got in recent years. I plan another one - again small, to tie in with it. Have a Pinterest file dedicated to the cause! My daughter has a rose, just black outline, inside her forearm, but I took her to get it when she was 17, so I knew it was done right.
I made it very simple; cover your tattoos, and remove any face piercings, or get a job somewhere else. Nobody ever challenged my policies.
I got most of my tattoos overseas, and was usually drunk.

I couldn't tell you the number of times I got drunk and went to get a tattoo.
Fortunately we always stopped for more beer and I never did get a tattoo.
Never, and I mean never, drink with diesel boat sub sailors.
Those guys are nuts. They got tattoos from an old Filipino guy that used bamboo slivers instead of a machine.
They said no matter how drunk you were you could only take the pain for 15 or 20 minutes but he did outstanding work.

I haven't been in a tattoo shop where they would give you ink if you've been drinking and this goes back to the early 1980's.
I have a few from my military days. All are in good taste and all can be covered by a short sleeve business shirt.
I've held the positions of COO and CEO and have worked as a consultant for at least 15 companies, each having over $1 billion in annual revenues and not once did my tattoos ever become an issue.

I haven't been in a tattoo shop where they would give you ink if you've been drinking and this goes back to the early 1980's.
I have a few from my military days. All are in good taste and all can be covered by a short sleeve business shirt.
I've held the positions of COO and CEO and have worked as a consultant for at least 15 companies, each having over $1 billion in annual revenues and not once did my tattoos ever become an issue.
There wouldn't be an issue when your the boss. My position was just under CEO so I was able to make whatever hiring policy I wanted, of course these policies were never published in the employee handbook, but they were well understood by all the managers.
The parts of the world where I worked and got my tattoos didn't care if a person came in drunk. The only problem that I found with drinking while getting a tattoo is that the alcohol will thin the blood so you bleed more. Not a problem unless the tattoo calls for white ink, then it turns pink.

Latest posts

Back