TBob's Budget Homestead

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hooked up to panels, still need to buy the cable to run to the controller...one step at a time :)

Some combiner boxes have holes on the back, this one had adjustable wings, so i looked around, found some scraps of 2x4, drilled some holes for some U-bolt shackles, and put it to the pipe. May not be pretty or professional, but it works :)

combiner-1.gif

had a couple helpers today, Thor and Tiny

thor.gif

tiny.gif

Been awhile... dealing with a lot of health related issues at the moment.

My son and I finished the propane line install today. Used 1/2 in copper with 3/8 copper lines tee'd off to each appliance. Tankless water heater, propane stove, and a propane heater. Each 3/8 run is less than 10 feet.

Forgot 1 fitting to install on the outside incoming stub so I can hook my airtank up and pressure test the system, will get it tomorrow.

Water lines are all installed to the toilet, tub, sink in the bathroom, (plugged the shower lines for now until I do it), to the water heater and to the kitchen. Just need to bring the line in.

Started the maple flooring install....slowly, but surely getting there.

Yeah, this gameskeeper cabin is getting crowded...almost 10 months here, wanted to be out already, but with a loss of income, it's hard work :)

Maybe set up a tent for extra stuff. When we moved here we lived in tents for 3 months. Had one for kitchen and one for bedroom. Had cold water outside shower with hose hanging from a tree and tarp walls. That was 20 years ago. At least we finally got electric and we had well too.
Lived in a tent in Homestead Fl, for 6 months 40 years ago with 3 kids, so knew how to make it comfy this go round. My sink was a hole drilled into lime rock by leaky faucet.
One day I heard a scream and it was hubby seeing the rattler who liked to drink from my 'dish pan sink'. It was a wonderful life though.

Helped a guy move this past weekend, just loaded the heavy stuff up for him. He gave me some metal roofing and an old 3 section wood stove I'll try to restore in exchange. Good deal for both of us. I used some of the roofing on my old wood shed that didn't have a roof, to help keep it dry. I'll cut one sheet up to put in the open spot, just couldn't find either my snips or jigsaw...lol, maybe my son hid them because he was tired...

woodshedroof.jpg

woodstove.jpg

Latest posts

Back