Teeth - Dentures

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazzy

Awesome Friend
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
as this is for prepping id like to encourage people before the shtf, go to a dentist and make sure your teth are ok. get em fixed.

if you got dentures - (i got uppers)---do you have a duplicate or 2?
do you have denture rrepair kits
do you have denture r4eline kits

for relines ive got permasodft and they work good to reline a denture for a better fit

also cushiongrip that is a good product to stock up on --amazon or walmart has it. it really helps

for a duplicate denture ive used Denture Repair Lab - America's largest denture repair service

good results. i like having a backup. or 2. they do a good job

i know this is borting stuff but if we are looking at shtf---make sure you can chew, ya know?

I don't have dentures but I do have fillings. I have the filling repair kits and dental tools. I should look into getting more just in case.

I think eyeglasses are also a must. We all just got our eyes checked and I intend to get dupes when we get our glasses next week. I want to make sure I can see with these verses the pair I got 7 years ago that gave me headaches.

as this is for prepping id like to encourage people before the shtf, go to a dentist and make sure your teth are ok. get em fixed.

if you got dentures - (i got uppers)---do you have a duplicate or 2?
do you have denture rrepair kits
do you have denture r4eline kits

for relines ive got permasodft and they work good to reline a denture for a better fit

also cushiongrip that is a good product to stock up on --amazon or walmart has it. it really helps

for a duplicate denture ive used Denture Repair Lab - America's largest denture repair service

good results. i like having a backup. or 2. they do a good job

i know this is borting stuff but if we are looking at shtf---make sure you can chew, ya know?
Aside from nuts and corn on the cob I can get by with my dentures. I do have to use a pocket knife to eat an apple but I get by ok.

Ben

I recently had a crown fall out which I fortunately was able to pull out of my mouth and place in my pocket. Since we were leaving for a vacation the next day, my dentist, who was unavailable to see me for a week, told me to use the temporary glue. Well, I didn't want to use temporary glue, I wanted to use PERMANENT glue. Nobody had it, nor any dentist would sell it to me. I was forced to find a local dentist, who charged me $400 to glue the crown back on, which was a 2 minute job. Of course, he demanded 4 x-ray pics. I refused, so he said he could not help me without the x-rays. Due to the vacation, I paid the $400, promising I would never return and give him a horrible Yelp review.
Does anyone know how to find dental glue? Someone told me just to use that cheapo $.99 epoxy, but I'm concerned that it could be toxic if/when ingested.

Went through with this with my dad recently. He needed a tooth glued back onto his denture. Took me 2 weeks to find someone who could do it in a week. Dad didn't have a backup plate. He had to eat mush for several days.

Dental glue seems to be a high priority medical prep item I've never considered.

What is it and where do I find it?

Anyone got family in a dental office? That might can answer these questions?

I have not crossed that bridge yet.
Bonus points for the pun.

I am glad I got all of my teeth pulled about 4 months ago. First because my teeth were the source of daily pain. Second as a prepper I will never need a dentist!

I am currently of the mind that I will skip getting the perminent dentures all together. I seldom use the temp dentures. That is $3K saved that can be used for other stuff.

Ben

I do have a missing tooth, but at sixty & married, it is a waste to pay
$4000.00 for the screw in tooth for 20-30 year. I do not need the tooth to eat & I am not that vain, plus it is a side tooth that hard to see when I smile. So my kids can fight over the $4000.00 when I am gone.

Back