Tell us about your most embarrassing moment!

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was about 17 I worked in a bar/steakhouse as a prep cook. I was busy chopping veggies with an 18" chefs knife. One of the prettier cocktail waitress's came in the back door as I was facing it. A weird updraft happened and wrapped here dress up around her head. She wasn't wearing anything underneath. Well naturally I cut myself. About a quarter inch from the end of my pinky finger. It was bleeding pretty good but I didn't really notice. About that time a manager entered and saw the whole thing. He said take it easy to me and had a talk with the cocktail waitress. She and I never talked about it but she always smiled at me after that. Maybe because my grin never really wore off. I still have a small scar on my finger.

So, after my first divorce, I sold my house and rented a really nice apartment with a fantastic pool. I met a girl, and had been out with her twice. She calls me at 8am, 4 hours after I got home from work, so I was out of it. She asked if I minded if she brought her mom so they could lay out by the pool. Of course, I said "sure", and went back to sleep. An hour later, my door was knocked on, so here was my chance to meet this new gal's mom. On the chair next to the bed were two pair of Levi's. The one on the right had the complete crotch ripped out, and were set out to throw away. The ones on the left were the Levi's I would wear to work.
When she knocked on the door, I inadvertently grabbed the Levi's on the right, put them on, and met my G/F and her mom. They sat on a lounge chair by the pool, and I pulled up a chair so I could talk to them. About an hour into the conversation, I noticed both kept their heads down and were avoiding eye contact with me. I couldn't understand why they were acting all shy, until I looked down and realized I had put on the wrong pants.
My God, all of my junk had fallen through the softball size hole, and I had been exposing myself for an entire hour, just two feet from their heads!
Yes, this was my most embarrassing moment to date.
There actually isn't a laughing emoji good enough for that one!

Although this girl and her mom are no longer together, I did go to her Mom's funeral after she passed. I also went to her brother's funeral years later, with my current wife, and this girl has a special place in my heart. She always will.

Embarrassing things happen to everyone.

When I was about 17 I worked in a bar/steakhouse as a prep cook. I was busy chopping veggies with an 18" chefs knife. One of the prettier cocktail waitress's came in the back door as I was facing it. A weird updraft happened and wrapped here dress up around her head. She wasn't wearing anything underneath. Well naturally I cut myself. About a quarter inch from the end of my pinky finger. It was bleeding pretty good but I didn't really notice. About that time a manager entered and saw the whole thing. He said take it easy to me and had a talk with the cocktail waitress. She and I never talked about it but she always smiled at me after that. Maybe because my grin never really wore off. I still have a small scar on my finger.
I have a similar story and I've probably told it here before. I like to drive in the summer wearing dresses. I drove to a motel in South Dakota. I got out of the car and the wind whipped that dress completely over my head. I was wearing a bra and underwear, and given that it was in a small town, I don't think anyone else saw what they might have seen.

I did have a skirt fall down at church. Thankfully, it was during a prayer time so everyone around me had their eyes closed when this happened and I was able to get the skirt up quickly.

I have narrow feet and have struggled to find shoes that fit me well. Whenever I find a shoe that does fit well, and especially if it is on sale, I will buy it in different colors. More than once I have worn a navy blue and a black shoe to work, and not even realized it until the afternoon. No one else noticed it either.

I'm laughing as I think of the story I'm about to tell you. I worked at a large supermarket grocery warehouse way before I was a cop. This warehouse often had 100 men working at a time, so the bathroom was huge. As I opened the door to the restroom on my first day of work, I saw what looked like a 10' round urinal. It even had water constantly flowing, which looked just like a place to pee, as we faced our workmates. Whelp, I had to go, so I stood there peeing, when about 8 guys walked in. One guy looked at me and asked me why I was peeing where everyone washes their hands? Boy, I sure felt stupid!
Look what I found!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230710_140251_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20230710_140251_Facebook.jpg
    567.9 KB · Views: 0
Years ago I was in europe, france to be exact. That morning I put on a t-shirt then went out for the day, a t-shirt I got in wyoming a few months earlier.

I didn’t pay any attention to my shirt, I guess i should have because… That morning I got several unusual looks from women I met on the street. A couple smiles, a giggle and some downright hostile looks, frowns…

At this point I’m paranoid, kept checking if my fly was zipped. Why the odd looks? I happened to see my reflection in a store window and realized…

mine didn’t say national park, just the name... plural. I forgot those mtns were named by a frenchman. And the literal translation is… 🤣

View attachment 111101
Leave it to the French to name a mountain "nipples."

Getting invited to an outdoor BBQ, realizing it's a Southern Baptist church party and I'm wearing a SLAYER t-shirt complete with an inverted pentagram and rotting skull with the logo:
Slaytanic Wehrmacht.
Guess who sneaked off through the woods with his plate and walked home? She had to have been the DUMBEST girl I ever dated, either that or she wanted me killed. Someday I'll have to tell you all about getting exorcised.

I have a lot of embarrassing moments but here's a couple that still stick in my head. Years ago before I got married I spent the night at my girlfriends house, supposedly in separate rooms. She came to visit me in the play room late at night. So there we were rooting around on the floor when her mother walked in. Apparently she's an early riser.
Then on wedding day I came running out of my bedroom chasing my soon to be wife wearing nothing but her thong on my head. Her parents were in the living room. I don't think they ever got over that.

Ok, this one happened to my dad: On his wedding day, his roommate decided to prank him. The wedding was at a Catholic church so my parents had to kneel. The roommate had written HE on the bottom of Dad's left shoe and LP on the bottom of his right shoe. He had no idea why gramma (Mom's mom) slugged him in the arm after the ceremony.

Latest posts

Back