Tell us something about you we don't know

Homesteading & Country Living Forum

Help Support Homesteading & Country Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sentry18

Thrivalist
Neighbor
HCL Supporter
Without violating OPSEC of course. :)

Surely there is something about you we don't know. Maybe you sing like an Angel, used to be the back up goalie for the Edmonton Oilers, have 6 toes on your left foot or perhaps you were the Georgia campaign manager for Ross Perot. Maybe you once won a state championship or just have a cute story about a date gone wrong. This is the place to confess, brag or just let us know.

Here's something I thought of about me: I have a small but impressive collection of Coca Cola bottles. Some are pretty rare and some are just very interesting. I have perhaps 30-35 in all. Some are straight side bottles, some are very limited runs and some are from other countries. I have a couple Oakland Raider bottles and even have an old 1800's amber straight side bottle supposedly worth more than $500. These were from my bachelor days and decorated my living room. When I got married my wife lovingly wrapped each of them in foam then bubble wrap and packed them away. When we moved into this house she stashed them way in the back of the storage room in the basement, which is where they still are to this day. She did not agree that coke bottles make for nice decor.

I think I pretty much spilled my guts to yall :callyou:for some from PS I did it for almost decades. :D

I'll have to think about this one for awhile.
In Jax Fl. though I was on a championship Womens Softball team. I played first base. We beat 11 teams. I could leap up in the air like fro a ball like a Ninja. Played softball till 50 y.o.. Probably from all those runs thru the woods and jumping over all kinds of things in Stone Mountain Ga..

I own a 6 pack of Budweiser brown bottles except they are not actually Budweiser bottles. They are made from “breakaway glass”. Breakaway glass is the fake glass you see in movies and tv shows, someone goes through a window or gets hit over the head with a bottle… It’s not real glass. They are made from sugar water.

I used to know the guy who made all the breakaway glass for the movie “Die Hard”. He made me a 6-pack of Budweiser. It’s packed away in a box. Last time I saw it, it was a 4-pack, this fake glass is extremely brittle and will shatter at the slightest excuse. :(

When I die, I wanna die laughing...

(This video is from the Lenny Henry comedy show from our friends across the Big Pond)

I know... I ain't right. Further proof:

I will kill, skin and eat a rattlesnake (gumbo is good), but I go all to pieces trying to put an earthworm on a fishing hook. As in ick-ick-ick! I ain't touching dat worm, no! Once, my brother threatened to throw me out of the pirogue and leave me in the swamp if I asked him to bait my hook one more time...

I had to learn how to get a plane out of a spin when I was taking flying lessons. And flight instructor put tbe Cessna 152 into a spin to show me and explain.

Always listen to the warning sound, and don't have the ground coming up to meet you.

Without violating OPSEC of course. :)

Surely there is something about you we don't know. Maybe you sing like an Angel, used to be the back up goalie for the Edmonton Oilers, have 6 toes on your left foot or perhaps you were the Georgia campaign manager for Ross Perot. Maybe you once won a state championship or just have a cute story about a date gone wrong. This is the place to confess, brag or just let us know.

Here's something I thought of about me: I have a small but impressive collection of Coca Cola bottles. Some are pretty rare and some are just very interesting. I have perhaps 30-35 in all. Some are straight side bottles, some are very limited runs and some are from other countries. I have a couple Oakland Raider bottles and even have an old 1800's amber straight side bottle supposedly worth more than $500. These were from my bachelor days and decorated my living room. When I got married my wife lovingly wrapped each of them in foam then bubble wrap and packed them away. When we moved into this house she stashed them way in the back of the storage room in the basement, which is where they still are to this day. She did not agree that coke bottles make for nice decor.
Wives can be critical of our bachelor decor at times! Ha! And they're good at it.

I used to race sled dogs

Did you ever beat them?
laugh.gif

I hold a record for the longest drive for both men and women on one hole on one golf course in Australia and also got a hole in one on a par 4. Did I ever mention I am not delicate :) .

This I truly believe, mostly because you liked the video in post #17.

Thought of another one: I have only shot competitively (outside of local stuff) once in my life. In 1998 I entered into a large regional PPC (police pistol competition). It was a multi-stage shoot with an accuracy, target ID, scenario based and speed component. I was shooting a Novak tuned S&W 915 and came in 2nd out of the 75+ LEO's who qualified for the PPC on Day 1. I got a trophy, a Glock 17 and a case of ammo. Even though this event was out of state, the guy who came in 1st only lived 3 hours away from me and we attended the police academy together. I had a lot of fun but decided competition shooting would take too much time and money so that was that.

Latest posts

Back